1. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

The New Whole Foods @ The Domain

Discussion in 'US - Southwest' started by mindswoop, Feb 9, 2013.

1. mindswoop

mindswoop Member

Talked to a store employee recently...they will have 50 taps and do growlers!!! Mid-late summer launch date. That'll be an awesome store!
    sjantiflow likes this.
  2. yemenmocha

yemenmocha Member

WF is a great chain for craft beer folks. Two of them here in Phoenix area have 30+ taps, happyhours, and nearly all of their stock is refrigerated. Plus for my own sake, the bar area is more sane than traditional bar atmospheres out there.
  3. kmello69

kmello69 Member

Fantastic! That's pretty close to home for me (well, a lot closer than any of the other WF) so I'm looking forward to THAT happening!
  4. beerdiablo

beerdiablo Member

HoustonZ33 likes this.
  5. lokieman

lokieman Member

I used to work in the Domain several years ago and this Whole Foods was supposed to have been constructed and open for business a year or two ago. I guess when the economy went to shit they just sat on the land and waited to build...I actually forgot they were building a new location until I drove past the other day. I'm sure compared to the corner space they're crammed into at their current Gateway location this one will be a hell of an upgrade and it's also 10 minutes from home so looking forward to that as well...
  6. reverseapachemaster

reverseapachemaster Member

Holy carp that is a lot of taps for a store. That's a lot of taps, period. That northwest part of Austin is chock full of craft beer.
  7. dumptruck81

dumptruck81 Member

When I spoke with David from the north whole foods beer dept recently he informed me that yes there would be a bar with more taps and growler fills, but he didn't know how many taps there would be. I personally would think closer to 20, maybe 30 taps, but who knows...

The bottled/canned selection will also be a lot better.
  8. xpimptastikx

xpimptastikx Member

WTF?! The store looks done to me and there hasn't been construction on it almost 2 months. What are they waiting for?
  9. Cablejelly

Cablejelly Member

Been waiting for this to open forever it seems like. Can't wait to have somewhere close to fill my growlers!
  10. ext1rpate

ext1rpate Member

50 taps? If that's true that'd be fuckin' awesome, that's in my neck of the woods (~2 miles or so).
  11. Lutter

Lutter Member

The bartender at Downtown mentioned to me that they're going to be vastly expanding their taps there w/ ~20 more taps.
  12. hughthenation

hughthenation Member

Apparently almost half of the taps will be for wine
  13. mindswoop

mindswoop Member

I heard the same as Lutter on the downtown location.
  14. mindswoop

mindswoop Member

I heard 50 for beer, 10 for wine.
  15. mindswoop

mindswoop Member

Apparently the outside is done but the inside still needs a ton of work according to the person I spoke to.
  16. sjantiflow

sjantiflow Member

Awesome news! I remember that the WF on Houston Street in Manhattan has a miniature bottle shop and home-brewing supply -- now that would be a great addition.
  17. Lutter

Lutter Member

I can't imagine how much wiring and plumbing must go into a store like that.