1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

The online search for beers to try...

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by DCgolfpro, Jan 12, 2013.

1. DCgolfpro

DCgolfpro Savant (440) Maryland Oct 26, 2011

How do you go about creating your lists of beers to hunt for? How do you use this site to your advantage?
    I love this place. I've been here for a few years but haven't posted until recently. I've been into craft beer long enough to know what styles I like and don't like. But, for some idiotic reason I haven't had a system for creating lists so my hunts are more organized.. until now. I use BA to list the style I choose by the top rated examples of that style. From there I look at the number of ratings. If the beer has over 500 ratings, I sort of label it attainable and it goes on the list. Between 250-500 and I'll research a bit more to see if it's available near me or anyone I know personally. Below 250, it's almost forgotten.

2. Eastside151

Eastside151 Savant (450) Ohio Jun 29, 2012

I personally use Google Docs to create a spreadsheet for my wants. I have another that I use to keep track of what I have drank in the past. If you have a smart phone you can install Google Drive and it syncs the documents. That way mine are always with me where ever I go (as long as I don't forget my phone).

3. JamesMN

JamesMN Savant (370) Minnesota Jul 12, 2012

Sometimes beers with less than 100 reviews are more interesting to review, it also gives the review more meaning. I'll personally review just about any beer, taking into account it's style. Of course there are beers I keep my eye out for if I've heard good things about them.

4. I usually find the beers I drink by going to beer stores and picking up singles of whatever I haven't tried. Sometimes I will research beers on here and make a list on my phone to know what to look for.