1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

The Shed Brewery To Distribute Six-Packs & Draught Beyond Vermont

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by Jason, Aug 28, 2012.

1. Jason

Jason Founder (1,330) Massachusetts Aug 23, 1996 Staff Member

Middlebury, VT (Aug 2012) – The Shed Brewery is proud to bring the award-winning Shed family of ales to a wider audience by introducing Shed Mountain Ale and IPA in six packs and draught for enjoyment at home and in the trade. Until today, Shed ales were only available on tap in the state of Vermont, but now these legendary ales will soon be available in Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Maryland, The District of Columbia and Virginia.

“For decades, Vermont’s residents and visitors have enjoyed The Shed Brewery’s award-winning ales,” said Brian Walsh, President of The Shed Brewery. “The Shed Brewery is proud to continue and to expand this tradition. For the first time, people from other states will be able to taste the Shed at their favorite local bar or purchase six packs of the Shed, even if they don’t have the good fortune to be in Vermont.”

The Shed Mountain Ale
    This unfiltered English Strong Ale is a full-bodied ale with pronounced caramel and toffee notes followed by a roasted finish. A moderate hop bitterness is derived from generous kettle additions of Mount Hood and Northern Brewer hops.
    International Bitterness Units (IBU): 35
    Alcohol Content: 7.4% alcohol by volume

The Shed IPA
    Bright orange hue in color, this unfiltered IPA demonstrates bright citrus hop aromas. Generous additions of wheat and caramel malts provide balance to the ample hop additions throughout the entire brewing process.
    International Bitterness Units (IBU): 70
    Alcohol Content: 6% alcohol by volume

Both ales are now available in Vermont in bottles and in five-gallon logs and half barrel (15.5 gallon) kegs.

About The Shed Brewery
    In 1965, Ken Strong founded The Shed Restaurant and Brewery in Stowe, Vermont. For 46 years, travelers, skiers and craft beer lovers from all over the world flocked to The Shed because it was the perfect place to swap stories of mountain adventures and enjoy great food and beer. In the Fall of 2011, production was shifted to our Middlebury facility to write the next chapter in the Shed’s storied history. The Shed continues the tradition of brewing Shed Mountain Ale and Shed IPA in Middlebury, Vermont.

###

2. FYI

The Shed brand was purchased by Long Trail and is brewed at Otter Creek. I don't know why these announcements are so secretive.

3. commis

commis Savant (330) Massachusetts Jul 21, 2009

Mt Ale is the shit. Shed brews very solid beers.

4. Anyone know when MA should expect distribution and who's distributing?

5. Dont know when but I assume since it's owned by Long Trail, it will be distributed by Burke in MA. You know what happens when you assume...

6. Had The Shed Mountain Ale on tap in a bar in Philadelphia. Very good beer

7. FrancisT

FrancisT Savant (265) Vermont Apr 11, 2008

Now that Shed is brewed by Otter Creek its better than it has been in years.

8. lewisti

lewisti Savant (255) Connecticut Nov 7, 2001

Had The Shed IPA for the first time yesterday at Cold Spring Country Club in Belchertown MA, very good and fresh keg with good lace down the whole glass, I have liked the Mt. Ale for a few months now but IPA is fine too

9. VTMoondog

VTMoondog Aficionado (170) Vermont Apr 14, 2013

The Mtn Ale...is a great solid beer.

10. DougC123

DougC123 Savant (290) Connecticut Aug 21, 2012

I haven't seen it at a liquor store yet, but I did see it at a local supermarket.

11. I've had a couple different shed beers. wish i didn't.

12. Been drinking Shed IPA for a few months now. A good value IPA and one of my favorites in the English style.

13. MVP09

MVP09 Savant (365) Massachusetts Oct 19, 2012

Shed has been in Mass for at least 3 to 4 months now. Julio's Shrewsbury, MA has plenty Mtn Ale and IPA. Mtn Ale is very good

14. I work in NH and we've had shed on draft and on our shelves for months now. Pretty good stuff but nothing special in my opionion.