1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

The Street: "Why Success Is Killing the Craft Brew Industry"

Discussion in 'Beer News' started by Kuemmelbrau, Mar 29, 2013.

1. rlcoffey

rlcoffey Savant (480) Kentucky Apr 20, 2004

In the days of newspapers, writers could get away with saying they werent responsible for the headlines. In these internet days, not so much.
  2. "Wasn't that the point, making good beer and interesting styles a default rather than the alternative? Isn't that a win? If not, then what exactly are craft brewers fighting for? With each scuffle like this, the answer seems less clear."
    The author just killed it right there with his closing sentences! Having good beer as the default IS a win!
  3. MikeCactusGordon

MikeCactusGordon Savant (490) Ohio Feb 20, 2011

So.....I should move to Ashville?
  4. Looking forward to the day that Founders gets to be so big that they're considered ``mainstream''. Then BAs will all thumb their nose at them and I'll get to buy as much damn KBS as I want. Of course, by then the beer will be a shadow of its former self and, who am I kidding, I'll go along with the crowd and thumb my nose at them too.

Just kidding. I'll never thumb my nose at you Founders. Promise.
  5. SimcoeJoe

SimcoeJoe Aficionado (110) Michigan Jan 13, 2013

Here's another example of the government sticking their hands into places they shouldn't be. It genuinely pisses me off but this issue really hits home. Does the government expect to take away all incentives to be successful? I want to punch "brewers association" in the face! They're a group of hoyty toyty panzys!
  6. I am not sure of what you are saying. From the article, the Brewers Association was trying to get larger tax break for the breweries under 60,000 bbl. Can you explain how this is bad?
    rlcoffey, dennis3951 and jesskidden like this.
  7. SimcoeJoe

SimcoeJoe Aficionado (110) Michigan Jan 13, 2013

8. OK.
  9. Brad007

Brad007 Advocate (620) Vermont Mar 28, 2007

There are also naysayers and doomsayers everywhere.

Nothing like the WSJ to stir the pot.