1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

THIS IS ME, IN A BOX BIF

Discussion in 'Beer It Forward' started by biglobo8971, Feb 22, 2012.

1. this is still going strong. I got an update from my first target (Phineasgage) and the second box is due to land on Saturday or Monday I believe. I will let him post his hints when he figures that this is back up and running. I did hear that there is a 70 lber on its way to a front porch as we speak.
  2. jeez...by the end of this BIF someone's probably going to get a forklift and a pallet showing up at their door!
  3. PhineasGage

PhineasGage Savant (260) Iowa Sep 2, 2010

I don't remember what hints I gave before. And small disclaimer, box one is in the 60lbs range.

My favorite brewery is founders, I got a hint that founders is pretty high on your likes too.
    My second favorite bruery is in your state.

Hopefully, if all goes well, the boxes should land at same time.
    Also, the rest of my swag is on back order in my warehouse right now...box two explains the swag.
  4. stupac2

stupac2 Initiate (0) California Feb 22, 2011

Really hoping that spelling is part of the hint...

There was a point in time where I considered using a spare wooden crate from work to do a BIF, just for the hilarity, but it seemed too stupidly expensive.
  5. i'm not afraid of a pallet of beer. So I can give a hint, if you have received a box from me, been in a bif that I have hosted, or have slept on my couch, you might be getting a box or two on Saturday.
  6. PhineasGage

If you've never interacted with me before, never traded with me, or even been in the same bif before this...you're getting a box.
    We have a couple common trading partners.
  7. slvrmon82

slvrmon82 Savant (410) Delaware Dec 4, 2007

i never got a target for this one. can you please let me know. thanks. Cheers, Matt
  8. PhineasGage

This is a traditional bif, senders choose their target after they get their box
  9. That would be Karl Hungus from Logjammin'
  10. Thingus

Thingus Aficionado (115) California Dec 12, 2011

Her costar in the beaver picture?
  11. I might have introduced them for all I know. You know Uli?
  12. Frozenmoses

Frozenmoses Aficionado (230) Texas Nov 23, 2010

He fixes the cable?
  13. PhineasGage

I hate FedEx...4 day shipping is turning into 9 day. Tuesday, box #1 will hit a sunny door step.
    Another hint will be posted monday
  14. so after 33 hours in the hosptial, finally back at home. The surgery took longer than expected, and it took awhile to get the pain under control and enough oxygen in my blood. Bloody hell, the good news, back at home and resting. Sorry to see the delay, was hoping to get on and see the haul, but will have to wait until Tuesday for the destruction to continue. I appreciate the ones who answered the target questions, this is a traditional BIF where who ever receives gets to pick his/her next target. So hope every one is well, and have one for me.
  15. huadog

huadog Savant (340) California May 13, 2009

Congrats, glad to hear it was a success and you're now back at home taking it easy. Here's to a quick recovery! I'll drink some sours for you today during Sac Beer Week!
  16. shrek806

shrek806 Savant (275) New York Mar 1, 2010

Glad to hear all went well and you are home recovering. Get well Soon!
  17. iadler

iadler Savant (405) Illinois Aug 12, 2009

Wishing you a speedy recovery Brandon!
  18. PhineasGage

Sorry boss man. Glad to hear surgery went well...drinking a ton of surly for u today/night.
  19. thank you for all the well wishes.
  20. PhineasGage

To my target: I keep wondering if you are, coincidentally, a fan of camping.

Tomorrow box #1
    Thursday box #2
    (if FedEx isn't full of shit again.)

You will total out to over 75lbs between the two boxes!
  21. Hey Brandon, I know I asked in the last thread...but unfortunately I can't track down the response. Did I make the cut for this one??
  22. mnbearsfan

mnbearsfan Savant (390) Minnesota Dec 25, 2009

I think i saw your name...
  23. PhineasGage

If I were to hand deliver the box that will land today, I would've drove almost 2100 miles over the course of roughly 32 hours through 8 states. Enjoy all the year round, seasonal, and one offs!!! Also wear that swag proudly!!
  24. I'm not in this. But as I was with the box biglobo sent, I am anxious to see what 75 pounds of goodies is being delivered over the next couple of days.
  25. stupac2

Google Maps has me as 2100 miles, 33 hours, but only 7 states. I'm guessing your target is in Oregon/Washington. Oh well!
  26. PhineasGage

I might've mis calculated the number of states ;)
  27. stupac2

I guess we'll see!
  28. shrek806

shrek806 Savant (275) New York Mar 1, 2010

the anticipation is killing me, and the box isnt even going to me.
  29. whoever does get the box, bm me, there needs to be a deletion in one of the participants. Life happened and I appreciate the person bowing out instead of dragging it out, or screwing someone over on beer.
  30. PhineasGage

Wish I could see the look on your face when this lands...in new York.
  31. stupac2

Haha, won't be that good, I'm not really expecting anything. It's impossible to know what to expect from this BIF.
  32. ...tuned in!!
  33. PhineasGage

Box one has landed...
  34. PhineasGage

Signed by SNASSAR?
  35. Same here
  36. stupac2

Well, I know who's getting it. Incidentally, I also know that the fancy new package notification service my apt complex announced this weekend isn't working.
  37. PhineasGage

Well, go get your f'in box and post a pic of part one!!!
  38. your awfully bossy arent you.
  39. PhineasGage

It's been almost 12 days since I've seen this box...I miss it's scent.
  40. stupac2

Sadly I have plans tonight, I'm just going to run home, grab the box, then catch a train. But I'll unbox it when I get home.