1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

THIS IS ME, IN A BOX BIF

Discussion in 'Beer It Forward' started by biglobo8971, Feb 22, 2012.

1. shrek806

shrek806 Savant (275) New York Mar 1, 2010

I am looking to ship early next week.
  2. landrewg

landrewg Aficionado (210) Michigan Nov 11, 2008

ZZZZZZZZZZ
    Hahaha

How about another of your infamous hints, tho?
  3. shrek806

I will be shipping to someone outside of ny
  4. landrewg

landrewg Aficionado (210) Michigan Nov 11, 2008

Is it next week, yet?
  5. nlmartin

nlmartin Advocate (530) Ohio Jul 26, 2005

Having been on the receiving end of a box from Shrek, You bitches should be so lucky as to have him sending to you!
  6. how about an update Shrekie?
  7. first of all, epic that this is going on a year later.... secondly, adding this to my follow along threads. I love the massiveness of the hauls you guys are sending to eachother! true BA awesomeness at it's finest!
  8. shrek806

Looking to ship by weeks end. Sorry, I had to get four boxes out from various superbowl BIF's
  9. did you really join all 3 squares?? Man, i woulda been one supa drunk mutha fuka on Feb 3 if I was in all three and lost them all. Thats almost like flushing $150 down the crapper
  10. shrek806

I joined in two squares and well as the best/worst team NFL BIF. Cant win if you dont play, I always say.
  11. I told you to pick the chiefs man :)
  12. shrek806

Target has been selected, Biglobo has been notified. Went shopping today. Box #1 will either go out tomorrow or Monday
  13. shrek806

****UPDATE*****
    BOx #1 with some beer and Schagggg willl be shipped tomorrow. Got the beer and glasses and some local food stuff ready, picking up two shirts after morning hockey and will drop the box off on the way to work. Box #2 will probably ship early next week. HInt: box is heading someplace probably slightly colder than me but with less snow than me.
  14. ThirstyHerf

ThirstyHerf Savant (315) Oklahoma Jun 17, 2010

Wow... this one is still going????
  15. I like how people who aren't in this BIF chime in more than the people that are actually in it. I think we are down to 5 people, hopefully the next person will get theirs soon so we can wrap this biyatch up before my palate changes. Again. That or I have my 3rd back surgery.
  16. TMoney2591

TMoney2591 Champion (895) Illinois Apr 21, 2009

To whomever sends to Lobo: Make the haul so big that lifting it will force another back surgery. Upside is that he'll have plenty of beers to enjoy during recuperation...
  17. shrek806

Box #1 is on its way to middle of America. It's got 12 bottles of beer, a couple of local faves, a glass, and a couple of t-shirts. Box #2 will go out sometime next week with some more local schwag, another glass, and of course, lots more beer
  18. hopefully when I get my box I will still like beer. I bet I will, crossing my fingers.
  19. shrek806

Box #1 scheduled to land Tuesday in a state that had a hockey team that used to shine bright in the sky but now they are just savages
  20. shrek806

Box #1 is in the targets state, will be delivered Tuesday. Box #2 will ship either end of this week or beginning of next, depending on work schedule
  21. shrek806

22. alright fools, check your porches. Especially since you made me update your shipping information.
  23. iadler

iadler Savant (415) Illinois Aug 12, 2009

Wooooohoo! Winner winner! Got home and carried in a heavy box! Plenty of NY goodness from two of my favorite east coast breweries as well as some sweet swag! I'll post a pic later tonight.

Thanks shrek!!
  24. iadler

As promised, here is the haul!
    [​IMG]

Heilemans glass
    Middle Ages Brewing Shirt
    Smoke Eaters Firefighters Shirt (Crazy cool)
    West coast choppers bottle opener
    Dinosaur BBQ mojito sauce and habanero BBQ sauce (Love me some sauce!)
    4x captain Lawrence flower power (One of my favorite East Coast IPAs)
    2x ithica casca zilla
    2x captain Lawrence pale ale
    2x captain Lawrence DIPA
    2x captain Lawrence liquid gold
    Have only tried one of these beers, but these two breweries have become two of my favorites, due to their incredible sours. Looking forward to trying there other offerings. Thanks so much Shrek!
  25. shrek806

Glad you like box #1, # 2 will have plenty more local flavor (beer and food) and maybe something sour from one or two of these breweries. That firefighter shirt is our best seller. The bikers love it. I am a Syracuse firefighter (this is me) the dinosaur BBQ sauces come from an awesome restaurant in Syracuse (been on man vs food) got some more good local food planned for the next box too
  26. iadler

Awesome! Looking forward to the next box as well! I'm a big foodie, so I'm always interested in trying great local snacks/sauces etc.
  27. Great box! Cascazilla is seriously one of the most underrated beers on the market. Very nice way to get this back on track.
  28. how can someone who weighs 100 lbs soaking wet consider himself a foodie? Nice first box Shrekie.
  29. woodchopper

woodchopper Savant (355) Illinois Jul 31, 2010

probably the same way this kid weighing in at maybe 110-120 drank beer with are table all day at hunaphu day? i bet his hang over was horrendous and skull splitting Sunday morning.... Great guy for sure too
    when i was that size i was shit faced by 9 30am..... of course i bulked up for the long haul now and can drink all day ;)

ha ha
  30. two words, wooden leg....
  31. iadler

Hey! I'm 160 lbs. Can't blame my awesome metabolism.
  32. iadler

Also, Brandon or Shrek, shoot me over the list...unless it's in the box? I gotta start doing some research on my potential target. I hope their porch is in good condition.
  33. the master list is on my work computer, unless Shrek can supply. Will have to wait until tomorrow.
  34. iadler

Just an FYI, I'll be out of the country from tomorrow until March 30th. I'm sure I'll have some bottles in the cellar for my target once I receive the list, so I should be able to send out the first box fairly quickly!
  35. I will forward it to you Sunday from work. Enjoy your vaca.
  36. shrek806

well that means I wont ship box #2 til late march so you return to a second larger fresh box
  37. iadler

It's up to you Shrek! I'll have someone who can certainly bring in the box, but if you're more comfortable holding off, no worries! :)
  38. going anywhere fun?
  39. iadler

Paris and Belgium.:D