1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Thoughts on aging HF Juicy

Discussion in 'Cellaring / Aging Beer' started by joshuaseresse, Feb 20, 2013.

1. I don't have a bottle of this stuff and have never had it but have considered trying to trade for it in the future. After reading a few reviews, I've noticed that the hop profile is one of the things that always sticks out. With that said, does anyone have an opinion about whether to drink Juicy upon receiving the bottle to ensure "freshness" or if it'd be worth/beneficial to age it? My preference would be to age it so if it might suffer from time then I probably would not seek it out, especially for what it has gone for on the trading forums.

Also, for those of you who read this and have a bottle of Juicy to trade, let me know what kind of things you'd be interested in and I can see what I have and perhaps we can work something out.

Cheers
  2. Not drinking Juicy fresh is a felony offense. It's fantastic.
  3. jamvt

jamvt Savant (470) Massachusetts Aug 5, 2005

i was curious about this as well since i still have a bottle left so i shot hill farmstead a message last night. shaun replied quickly and said it's still drinking great, but to not sit on this too much longer. i will be enjoying my last bottle this weekend.
  4. Cool thanks for the response. I'll probably hold off on trading it since I'd want to cellar it.
  5. vthippie

vthippie Aficionado (180) Vermont Dec 18, 2012

You will hold off on trading for a beer that is drinking fantastic right now because you want to get a beer that may or may not beer drinking fantastic some time in the future? Seems like you might not be seeing the forest through the trees when it comes to aging beers, but to each his own...
    Steimie likes this.
  6. Completely necessary, thanks.
  7. vthippie

vthippie Aficionado (180) Vermont Dec 18, 2012

Somebody has to shine a light on this sort of crazy talk, you are choosing to miss out on an amazing beer that you will likely never have the chance to try again solely because you didn get to stick it in a dark, cool place for a few years first before drinking it. What is the sense of that?
    GuisseppeFranco and OtisCampbell like this.