1. Don't miss our 7th annual American Craft Beer Fest featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers this May 30 & 31 in Boston, MA! Buy your tickets now!
  2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Three Floyds 9-25 Brewery Release - Bully Guppy

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by Dontcounttoday, Sep 25, 2012.

1. pmoney

pmoney Member

Similar to the scratch-off concept at DLD! You have an opportunity to win and buy good beer, otherwise you buy Darklord.
    BreakingBad likes this.
  2. BreakingBad

BreakingBad Member

lolol we can take this even further. What if cause nick floyd hates people. He changed the recipe for DL to way to sweet just so that when everyone shows up for the hype they get the current DL and once everyone is like "uh this isn't good" and leave him a lone, he switches back to the 08 recipe.
  3. iadler

iadler Member

Pretty much every person I know who goes to DL Day doesn't go for the DL beer itself, but more for the rest of the experience (Beer trading, sharing beer with other good peeps and trying some good beer on tap). Plus seeing the "graveyard" of bottles lined up on the grass while waiting in line is always entertaining.
    ChiTownPackFan likes this.
  4. BreakingBad

BreakingBad Member

lol people go to see a empty bottles huh? :p I was also just kidding about my above post. I wish I got to experience some of the beers on tap there but there was just waay too long of lines and I really didn't know where one line eneded and the other began. It was a fun time and I'm sure I'll try and go again I just wish there was less people.
  5. Dontcounttoday

Dontcounttoday Member

There will be less people if you can just get yourself back to pre-2010 times. Seriously though unless FFF themselves limits the number of people, it will only grow from this point on, as with all big beer events. Kind of anxious to see what Darkness is like this year as its first come first serve style with no limit.
  6. Treebs

Treebs Member

FFF did limit the number of people for DLD. It swelled past 10,000 people (not ticketed) in 2010 and they dropped that down to a 6,000 person ticketed event. It can't "grow from this point on" unless FFF decides to up the tickets sold which they haven't done that the past two years.
  7. cfrances33

cfrances33 Member

I think Dontcounttoday is referring to the fact that anybody can show up to the event, share bottles, and have a good (or bad) time. The tickets only pertain to getting inside the brewery and buy bottles of Dark Lord. Even if people don't have tickets, there is strong incentive to go to DLD for bottle sharing and guest drafts.
  8. lurchingbeast

lurchingbeast Member

Actually, you can't get onto FFF property without a ticket.
  9. cfrances33

cfrances33 Member

In that case, disregard everything I said! Thanks for the clarification.
  10. augustg

augustg Member

Seems like if someone is willing to roll the dice on a $20 to $35 beer that they haven't tried yet o heard anything about then 3F must be doing something right! I'd say their hit to miss ratio is better than most....
    Irishace9 likes this.
  11. I agree. I did pass this one up thankfully.
  12. lurchingbeast

lurchingbeast Member

I always forget that not everyone has regular trade partners who love to tick terrible beer.
  13. Darkness does have a limit, last year was 6.
    libbey likes this.
  14. Dontcounttoday

Dontcounttoday Member

Yes there is a limit to the Darkness wristbands, but not to how many people they allow in the gates.
  15. C2H5

C2H5 Member

So, does anyone know what today's release is?
    I see zombie dust is back...no more bubble guppy, its not listed anymore, I'm kind of amazed that people bought it all already
  16. BreakingBad

BreakingBad Member

they don't do one every tuesday, they might skip today
  17. tmarretti

tmarretti Member

true. however, the last few haven't been announced until around 5. may be they still have one, may be not. I think we can all agree that 3f just does whatever the hell they want, whenever they want.
    BreakingBad likes this.
  18. mbockstruck30

mbockstruck30 Member

On a related note, I opened my bottle of Cuvee de Viking last night. Tasted like a bad, boozy fruitcake. Opened it with a wine export (as it was aged in red wine barrels), he said it tasted like it had oxidized in the barrel. We hoped letting it open up for a couple hours would help as it can sometimes with wine. No luck. I had to struggle through 6oz. First real drainpour I've had from FFF (didn't get a Bully Guppy).
  19. lurchingbeast

lurchingbeast Member

No idea what the release is yet. They are playing Sukiyaki Western Jango again. Badass.
    C2H5, augustg and apocalypsezombie like this.
  20. eorwar

eorwar Member

I actually went and rented that movie after seeing it playing on the wall a few weeks ago. Was suprised it was actually pretty good! Always somethig interesting playing there...
  21. lurchingbeast

lurchingbeast Member

Rumor is no release today *GASP*

Let's all start yelling about this unforgivable crime against the beer world.
  22. BreakingBad

BreakingBad Member

lol I'm glad, I don't think they should do a release every week. I'm still waiting on some BA behemoth
  23. Treebs

Treebs Member

Damn it! I was really hoping to see another influx of supply vs. demand graphs in this thread.
    apocalypsezombie, eorwar and Rempo like this.
  24. Rempo

Rempo Member

You mean the next thread.
    libbey likes this.
  25. Treebs

Treebs Member

Right, I forgot that a release thread isn't official until Dontcounttoday starts it.
  26. lurchingbeast

lurchingbeast Member

A HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHA

That was all released around the DLD ticket sales. It will be another few months at least before that shows up.
  27. BreakingBad

BreakingBad Member

yeah ik :( but yeah none of their special releases have interested me. BA alpha klause was alright but BA behemoth actually sounds pretty good!
  28. Vav

Vav Member

Oh

I

Hate every Three Floyds Thread i see

From Chimpa-A to Chimpanzee.

[​IMG]
    crushedvol, Tnudish and mishuggah like this.
  29. lurchingbeast

lurchingbeast Member

I knew I should have started a new thread covering the topic of no new release. Next time...
  30. immobilisme

immobilisme Member

I am disgusted. I drove all the way to Munster, IN and all I got was a case of Zombie Dust for $35.
  31. yeahnatenelson

yeahnatenelson Member

Literally the worst thing. I'm so sorry...high-five?
  32. mishuggah

mishuggah Member

In spite of what our society suggests or well-intentioned friends offer, mourning is a normal, healthy response to loss. It helps us to survive all kinds of troubles, so that we can make the necessary adjustments to changes. It's generally easier to mourn for another and perhaps it feels a bit self-indulgent to mourn for yourself, but letting yourself do so can be healing for your body and your mind.
    immobilisme likes this.
  33. TargaFlorio

TargaFlorio Member

Made my first trip to FFF today. Enjoying the fruits of my long journey as we speak. My first case of Zombie Dust.
  34. ravot

ravot Member

GOOD GOD. why didn't you get two? the humanity.
  35. danimalarkey

danimalarkey Member

Hey Vav -- you got any Gumballhead? And don't try and give me a Lil' Sumpin' Sumpin' (unless you ask politely first! Zing!).
    Vav likes this.
  36. NikkoE82

NikkoE82 Member

I live really close to them and I just never considered this. At this point I have no way of proving I bought it and I'd hate to feel like I was complaining just to get free stuff. I figure I took a gamble on it and I lost. It's not like this was a long-standing favorite that unexpectedly came out wrong. It's a BA wheat ale.
  37. yamar68

yamar68 Member

The last thing we need on this website is more beating off.
  38. Jkoeneman

Jkoeneman Member

Has anyone else actually tried the beer? I had a taste on Friday. There is no doubt the nose is nail polish remover, but the finish was actually pretty nice. Kind of a maple syrup.
  39. claaark13

claaark13 Member

40. Arbitrator

Arbitrator Member

No, this... this is a common misconception. After a long day of work, I'm not in the mood to drink shitty beer. My younger self wrote checks that my older self's ass can't cash, in the common vernacular. Now I just like to drink good beer.

A trading partner who looks like that is a god among men. Mark my words.