1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Three Floyds in Kentucky?

Discussion in 'US - South' started by DWatson, Mar 11, 2013.

1. Just spoke with a guy at a nearby shop that carries FFF about whether they ever carry anything besides Arctic Panzer Wolf and Dreadnaught, and he told me (according to his distributor) that the brewery is getting really bad about sending stuff to the distrib. to forward on to businesses. Anybody else in Kentucky heard about this problem? The store is on the eastern border of the state, if that matters.

2. brian44556

brian44556 Savant (285) Kentucky Aug 29, 2009

FFF has always been hit or miss around Louisville, so I would assume that would also impact smaller parts of the state. Only 6 packs we see are Robert the Bruce and occasionally Zombie Dust, but is usually gone before they have a chance to stock it. We usually get all of the seasonal bombers no problem, but they tend to also fly off the shelves. I have better luck getting their beers accross the bridge at The Keg, at least they get Gumballhead. I have been able to find almost all of their regular 6 pack beers (Alpha King, Pride & Joy, Gumballhead) on taps in KY.

3. I see Panzer Wolf relatively consistently in Lexington, but Dreadnaught and the Bruce are a crapshoot. Can't say I've ever seen any of their other year round releases in bottles, but I see them all the time on draft, as brian44556 mentioned. As for seasonals, we'll get most of those when the time comes.

4. Drafts are becoming more available while the bombers are coming in smaller and smaller numbers. Indiana is your best bet

5. Every time I go to my local store, they have both Arctic and Dreadnaught. Guess I should just count my blessings. Not a lot of craft beer people in the WV-KY-OH tristate area I guess. Not too far from the Lexington area, so maybe ill check out their stores as well.

6. erichall

erichall Aficionado (195) Kentucky Nov 13, 2008

What are you looking for? Zombie dust was sent to ky one time and those places only got a case or two. Right now you can find bottles of bohemoth, APW, dreadnaught, and Robert the Bruce in the bigger cities. Some other releases can be found on draft. Including alpha king, gumballhead, pride&joy.

7. JimDH

JimDH Aficionado (215) Kentucky Feb 7, 2011

Oddly, I just saw Jinx Proof at Liquor Barn Hamburg. I don't think it was there recently, and Three Floyds brewed that beer over the summer. It hasn't been reintroduced to the Three Floyds Taplist.

8. erichall

Jinx proof and Brian Boru should be in stores this week. Brian Boru is excellent.

9. Louisville gets Robert the Bruce, APW, Dreadnaught, and their seasonal of the month. A scotch ale, 2 DIPA's and a seasonal. Strange.

10. Hobo

Hobo Aficionado (115) Kentucky Mar 16, 2013

I picked up some Robert the Bruce at Trader Joes in Lexington.

11. Tchfunkta

Tchfunkta Aficionado (225) Kentucky May 14, 2009

Liquor Barn Hamburg in Lexington today:
    • Alpha King
    • Arctic Panzer Wolf
    • Robert the bruce
    • Jinx Proof

12. erichall

Alpha king bottles? That would be new to ky then. Alpha king draft is all I have seen.

13. Barrel_age_me

Barrel_age_me Zealot (95) Ohio Dec 26, 2012

No way Alpha King in bottles! no way

14. Barrel_age_me

Barrel_age_me Zealot (95) Ohio Dec 26, 2012

If you have Dreadnaught on your shelf consider yourself lucky!

BEERchitect likes this.
  15. I didn't see the Alpha King yesterday, unless tchfunkta got the last bottle. :(

16. JimDH

I stopped to look for it this evening. It was over next to the King Henry.

(An employee said they hadn't had it lately.)

17. JohnDMartin

JohnDMartin Initiate (0) Kentucky Jan 13, 2013

Last time I purchased alpha king I was at wine tree in evansville. Never seen Alpha king in paducah. Sure wish it was here. We have Arctic panzer, and one place has dreadnaught, also one merchant still has apocalypse cow in stock.

18. JimDH

I've never seen bottles sold in Lexington either, but that doesn't mean they haven't been before I paid attention. We're fortunate to get it on draft occasionally.

19. Wait, what?

20. drfabulous

drfabulous Savant (260) Kentucky Jul 23, 2005

Alpha King is almost always on draft at Pazzo's.

21. JimDH

Joking about it being next to the King Henry, of course. There was no Alpha King at Liquor Barn; the tip above was apparently erroneous.

TheBeerAlmanac likes this.
  22. After reviewing my receipt, I was mistaken about the 16 oz price- it is around 17 after purchasing the growler. Still the most I've paid for beer. It was awesome though. Looked like used motor oil with a chocolate milk colored head.