1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Timestamp: How many people are in line for Younger at RR right now?

Discussion in 'US - Pacific' started by ferillo, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Want to get a running tally of who and how many are in line.
  2. Does the line start in Whitehall, PA or am I in the wrong line?
  3. You're definitely in the wrong line. It's in Coplay.
  4. Shit...on my way
  5. It begins. I'm doing my part by staying home today. You're welcome line dwellers.
  6. KWMiles

KWMiles Initiate (0) Minnesota Oct 23, 2012

I think the process will be shorter by counting who is not there.
  7. litheum94

litheum94 Initiate (0) California Dec 29, 2008

I wasn't going to stand in line this year, because I was supposed to be off of work for a minor medical procedure for a week or so. I was looking forward to walking in whenever I wanted. Now they changed my surgery date, so I may end up in line at some point (although my days of waiting over two hours are over).

Although if Younger shows up again at the Black & White Beer Ball again, that will solve all my problems.

Good luck everyone!
  8. Did it go pretty fast last time round?
  9. I'm supposed to be there next Friday, but maybe I need to think about getting in line pretty soon.
  10. Hook it up! I'm in NH with no hope to wait in line, but can send the freshest heady toppers to someone if they can snag some extra. I can also grab whatever New England beer (minus some tough Lawsons) that you may want also. Almost always fresh ones in my fridge.
    [​IMG]
  11. Draft Only, No Growlers (DONG)
  12. (DANG) I want some...anyone that will ship a growler, I'll hit Hill Farmstead next week and exchange you a growler of whatever they have at the time(check their website) that you want. Double Galaxy has been around lately in addition to the staples. I can also throw some FRESH headies in the package as a sweetener. I can get almost limitless supplies of heady at the brewery.
    nachos likes this.

13. Dude, NO Growlers (Double DONG)
  14. Bring your own growler, then transfer the beer from each single glass into the growler with your mouth, as to not raise suspicion. When you're done, breathe into the growler REALLY hard to push out all the oxygen with your carbon dioxide, seal, voila!
  15. Ahhhhh, I see. Sorry.
  16. It's a tough concept for some people to grasp.
    DrLaFollette and FosterJM like this.
  17. I was gonna suggest(jokingly) a ghetto mouth fllled growler. It's the same in VT w/tough HF and Lawsons. Occasionally I can bribe a barkeep to fill a couple of the swing top big water bottles, but only certain tenders and I have to use dankness for currency.
    DelMontiac and jglowe77 like this.
  18. No such thing as an extra PtY.
    woodchopper, dianimal and litheum94 like this.
  19. Beat you to it! I have issues.
  20. Buddy of mine is there, at 8:10 he thinks he is about 400 deep, already to the corner of the block.
  21. kpacedo

kpacedo Aficionado (210) California Nov 24, 2009

Get out of here, seriously?
  22. Sent me a pic, hes in front of the mexican place on the corner, sidewalk is packed in front of him. when he texts me back i will post how far it stretches behind him now.
  23. wraps around corner now, so he cant see how deep it is anymore.
  24. mountsnow1010

mountsnow1010 Savant (355) Vermont Jan 23, 2009

That is different though, in the case of PtY it is Russian River's policy, whereas in VT it is actually the law that bars cannot fill growlers....so you are convincing them to do something illegal.
    chippo33 likes this.
  25. Stigs

Stigs Advocate (575) Pennsylvania Jun 3, 2005

all you can pull out of that is that filling growlers is illegal...he's paying with weed lol
    j47paco, SatlyMalty, ant880 and 7 others like this.
  26. holy shit!
    DelMontiac likes this.
  27. DanoChico

DanoChico Initiate (20) Feb 1, 2013

I just found out that a couple of my local bars have Pliney on tap. I can't wait
  28. Damn bandwagoners. They should only allow pre 2011 BAs on day 1-20
    Angst likes this.
  29. mountsnow1010

mountsnow1010 Savant (355) Vermont Jan 23, 2009

wow. guess I should have read more closely! i'll just pretend I was just trying to keep the conversation about beer ;)
  30. Missing the forest for the trees? (Or, I suppose, missing the trees...)
  31. I would guess most of the people in line aren't BAs at all.
    jasonmason and pjeagles like this.
  32. Then they don't meet the criteria of pre 2011 BA. Out of the line!
    Angst likes this.
  33. NHbeerfishing really 20-twelved it up in here.
  34. xnicknj

xnicknj Advocate (730) Pennsylvania May 25, 2009

i saw some tweets about how the earliest people arrived around 3am
  35. timfoolery

timfoolery Zealot (75) California Apr 16, 2012

That's insane. I knew it was going to be bad when the SF NBC affiliate did a story on the release two weeks beforehand...sigh. Headed there tomorrow morning anyway.
  36. SpdKilz

SpdKilz Advocate (700) Illinois Jan 8, 2009

It is always crazy the first day [weekend]. My friend was there around 7:30 and was about 150 back. Just wait a few days and you'll be fine. Or come back later in the day once the line subsides. I don't think they ran out of the allotment per-day of PtY but once or twice last year in the whole two week time frame it was supposed to be on tap. I'll be there next Thursday night and Friday morning. Should be way less crowded overall :). Can't wait!
  37. sobeleg

sobeleg Savant (470) New York Jun 29, 2011

On my way from San Fran now, I'll report back when I arrive
  38. We're going to be there next Friday as well. I have no clue what to expect. We'll be coming from Healdsburg, but have nothing planned for the morning so in theory we could be there pretty early if need be.

One other question - Do they do the sampler during the Younger times as well? I'd like to get in there drink a PtY, then get a pizza and sampler so I can try as much as possible Wouldn't mind buying some bottles to go too.
  39. jtmartino

jtmartino Savant (470) California Dec 11, 2010

That's because BAs know better than to attend the release. That beer will be all over he place in a week.
  40. SpdKilz

SpdKilz Advocate (700) Illinois Jan 8, 2009

I am almost positive they were doing them last year (though I myself have never gotten one during PtY). IIRC the table behind me got one. Definitely the route to go if you want to try as much as possible! And the pizza is fantastic which I'm sure you've heard/know. I'll be sure to try and stop by and say hello. I won't be there crazy long on Friday since I am heading into SF but should be there a couple hours after they open.

Cheers!