1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Bug Timing out when reviewing a beer

Discussion in 'Site' started by ChadQuest, Aug 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChadQuest

ChadQuest Initiate (0) Illinois Mar 4, 2009

So, when i drink a beer, i take a long time, i sip it slowly, sometimes for up to 4 hours.
    When i review a beer, i don't rush typing out a review, i inspect the beer, i let it develop and see what changes over time. I try to be accurate and honest.

This takes me an hour or two, and everytime i go to hit the Submit button, i have timed out of being logged in to BA, and i can not even hit the back button to retrieve all my notes, i lose everything.

Then in frustration i generally submit a review that is 39% as good as the one i originally typed up, which was pure brilliance on level of Stienbeck, Alighieri, Huxley, Lewis, Etc.

Do you have any suggestions Bros? Should i review in mucho haste and compromise thoroughness?

Love,
    Frustration
  2. drtth

drtth Advocate (690) Pennsylvania Nov 25, 2007

Write most or all of it in Word, then copy and paste. Then you can polish and do the ratings, etc.
    Chaz and BlackBelt5112203 like this.
  3. stakem

stakem Champion (835) Pennsylvania Feb 20, 2009

Choose the log out button on the top right. Then log back in and before you hit the "log in" button, check the box for "stay logged in." This will keep you from timing out during reviews.
  4. Todd

Todd Founder (1,410) Colorado Aug 23, 1996 Staff Member

What stakem said. This is not a bug, but rather a user option.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.