1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Tired hands is really good, what is your favorite from them?

Discussion in 'US - Mid-Atlantic' started by Theshagger, Dec 26, 2012.

1. My favorite is weed eater, that was really good
  2. Hipster Helles
  3. Flavorama. As would be depicted by my avatar. Sea of Green was also very good.

Weedeater was the hoppy beer I liked the least from them so far. I've had them all I think.
    comfortablynirm likes this.
  4. DSlim71

DSlim71 Savant (495) New Jersey Mar 3, 2010

Sea of Green! Actually, it's the only one I've tried :(
  5. aorloski

aorloski Savant (370) Massachusetts Oct 11, 2010

do these guys bottle / growler fill?
  6. They have bottled a couple beers but they have been super limited. They do growler fills of all their beers though. You must have an unlabeled growler or buy one from them. They have 1 and 2 liter growlers. The 1 liters are flip top and the 2 liter are screw tops. Both have their labels and I believe cost 5 dollars for the glass and the price of the beer that fills up the glass depends on what it is.
  7. they have only released 1 official bottle so far (at their halloween beer dinner), if you don't count the 4 bottles of R5 that they gave away in a contest.
    the other bottles are coming. don't ask when.
    and to add to what was already said, they will also fill NON-brewery growlers, too (ie, a bottle shop's growler or something along those lines)
  8. cfrances33

cfrances33 Champion (750) Illinois Jun 12, 2012

FlavorAroma, Brothers, and Singel Hop Saison Motueka, in that order.
    Gehrig13 likes this.
  9. Hard to choose. So many good ones. FlavorAroma, Earthbound, and WeedEater have been my favorites. Honorable mentions to Good Good Things, Brothers, and Sea of Green.

TH certainly does a ton saisons and what not, but to me, their IPA's are just ridiculous. I certainly gravitate towards their hoppier offerings.
  10. Brothers, Ooey Gooey, Lazy Feet, Earthbound. yeah.
  11. Gonzoillini

Gonzoillini Advocate (595) Illinois Oct 15, 2008

Shared a growler of the Slava Oner with some local BA's not too long back. Was as much berliner weiss as kvass, but very good whatever you want to call it.

Looking forward to trying more of the saisons and hoppy offerings in the future.

Cheers!
  12. stmgl01

stmgl01 Savant (260) Pennsylvania Dec 11, 2007

WeedEater (maybe because its most recent in my memory), FlavorAroma, amazingly fresh HopHands drank 15 minutes after tapping, Lil' Lady and Mysterious Mood.
  13. Vampire and Delicado have been their two best beers in my opinion.
  14. Didn't think I'd get this far down the posts without seekng 'Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt'.
    comfortablynirm likes this.
  15. Good Good Things, Brothers, Hellcurse, and Single Hop Saison-Simcoe are among my favorites
  16. brystmar

brystmar Initiate (0) Texas Sep 2, 2009

That one was extremely creative and interesting. Enjoyed it thoroughly, although my fav is still Good Good Things.
  17. I thought Good Good Things was stellar. Zombie, the Uber Helles, and Trois Enfants: Lazy Feet were also exceptional. I've yet to have a beer from them that I haven't found to be, at worst, very good.
  18. Good good things and the recent falcos nerd flight have been my favorites. So lucky to have this amazing brewpub in the neighborhood.
    Retail1LO likes this.
  19. stakem

stakem Champion (870) Pennsylvania Feb 20, 2009

Their kvass.

My god... after having that I am going crazy for them to brew the berliner again.
    Gonzoillini, cfrances33 and Retail1LO like this.
  20. Deep Sleep and Mysterious Mood.
    cavedave likes this.
  21. Edwin

Edwin Savant (420) Pennsylvania May 8, 2003

California Uber Helles collaboration with Pizza Boy.
    gengle and mdillon86 like this.

22. They've made some real nice sourish stuff. Good Good Things, Slava Oner (the kvass), and Brothers were all fantastic. Thouroughly enjoyed them all.
  23. Zombie and Delicado were stellar.
  24. xenjoiii

xenjoiii Savant (315) New York Jul 24, 2010

The memory of drinking Delicado in the scorching VT will always remain in my mind. What a refreshing beer.
  25. Every time I go, I find a new favorite. Deep Sleep is on now & it's fantastic. Domo is also great - unique barrel aged goodness.
  26. stmgl01

stmgl01 Savant (260) Pennsylvania Dec 11, 2007

How could I forget Delicado?! What a fantastic brew!
    mr1581 likes this.
  27. Took my growler of Delicado to Wildwood Crest to drink on my parent's porch.
    mr1581 likes this.
  28. My new favorite is what ever I get next!
    Tom_Gilman likes this.
  29. Went there yesterday. Liked Nerd flight a lot. Deep sleep and uber helles were excellent. single hop saison and hop hands were very drinkable. Only beer I didn't care for was the black rye saison.
  30. Facebook page says they're brewing a Kiwi Berliner Weiss tomorrow. Bring THAT shit the fuck on! lol

31. just saw that, sounds awesome!
  32. Domo is really good too if it's still on tap.
  33. Handfarm, but not until Sunday
  34. ah yes. homers.
    xnicknj likes this.
  35. sherm1016

sherm1016 Savant (375) Wisconsin Aug 10, 2009

Only was able to try five whilst in town over the holidays: falco's nerd flight, Hops hands, single hop motueka, Farm hands, in that order. The fifth was The barrel aged domo, but it was only about 2 oz, so I dont really recall where it would have landed amongst the others.
  36. Vampire and Leaflet for me!

Honorable mention: Brothers, Weedeater, FlavorAroma
  37. Steeeve

Steeeve Savant (255) Pennsylvania Nov 16, 2010

Any thoughts on their current tap offerings? They all sound really good. I'm going later today. My lady has a job interview in Bryn Mawr and I offered to drive her there out of the kindness of my heart and definitely not so I can go to Tired Hands while I wait.
  38. Nigel and the Uber Helles are awesome. I really enjoyed Domo too.
  39. There's already a line.
    rumorsofsurf likes this.
  40. Steeeve

Steeeve Savant (255) Pennsylvania Nov 16, 2010

I will definitely get some Uber Helles. It's so hard to find a decent American-made Helles.