Top Florida Beers?

Discussion in 'US - South-Atlantic' started by gftease, Dec 28, 2012.

1. gftease

gftease Disciple (65) Illinois Jun 4, 2009

I'm heading down to Florida from Chicago for a week and wanted to know what beers I should look out for while I'm there. Any suggestions?

2. Keyes88

Keyes88 Savant (300) New Jersey Jul 19, 2011

What part of Florida are you going to? It's a big state!

3. gftease

gftease Disciple (65) Illinois Jun 4, 2009

Sarasota area

4. Tons of Cigar City Brewery beers in sarasota, check the total wine in the area or a whole foods. If you like IPA's Jai Alai is amazing and with the new caning line at CCB Jai Alai taste better than ever. You might still be able to find some Zuhkov if you prefer stouts maybe even moat water if you look hard enough. Or you can drive up to the source and hit up CCB yourself it's about an hour from Sarasota.

csbinva likes this.
  5. Finatic

Finatic Savant (300) Florida Jan 16, 2011

Most of the Jai Alai down here is at least 6-7 weeks old. The brewery is about 10-14 days right now. Just a FYI if you like fresh IPA's.The super fresh stuff from the brewery is drinking fantastic right now.

6. Hopefully JJ Taylor learns something frombthisnand putsbthose cans elsewhere where people drink them. Even south Florida has fresh cans right now.

7. Finatic

Finatic Savant (300) Florida Jan 16, 2011

Both Publix and WalMart stores in the area have cans that are dated 10-24-12 and 11-7-12. I won't buy them, I'd rather drive to the brewery and buy my Jai Alai fresh.

Shaw likes this.
  8. Can't blame you.

9. Shaw

Shaw Advocate (525) Florida Aug 27, 2003

Are you looking for bars or stores?

10. 7clutch

7clutch Savant (255) Florida Sep 14, 2012

Was wondering the same thing. OP, if you're looking for bars, check out Mr. Beerys. I'm pretty sure their facebook is the place to get their most up-to-date tappings. They also frequently update their draft menu on their site, www.mrbeeryssrq.com

Shaw likes this.
  11. Shaw

Shaw Advocate (525) Florida Aug 27, 2003