1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Toppling Goliath PsuedoSue: Growlers?

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Talk & Help' started by Good_Trader, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Good_Trader

Good_Trader Initiate (0) Viet Nam Nov 21, 2012

Looking to see if this is ever filled for off-site consumption, would like to try and acquire a growler of it. Anybody know if this ever makes it out of bars/brewpubs? I've been told it's very good, and wanted to know a bit more info on it.

Any info is helpful, thanks!
  2. domtronzero

domtronzero Initiate (0) California Aug 18, 2007

Your forgot to add: "What's this beer worth?"

Sorry though, no help from me.
  3. Good_Trader

Good_Trader Initiate (0) Viet Nam Nov 21, 2012

I think knowing whether I can even acquire it in the first place is primary concern ;)

Then, I can take that knowledge, and post an ISO with what I think would be a reasonable offer, and then maybe some nice folks can chime in with some friendly, helpful advice regarding the balance of my trade offer.

That's how it works, right?
    FTowne, Gosox8787 and MarkIntihar like this.
  4. domtronzero

domtronzero Initiate (0) California Aug 18, 2007

Man, with the handle Good_trader you sure got it all wrong.

This is how you do it: go to a store, find an obscure (or expensive) beer that nobody talks about on the ISO/FT forums, then go into the General/Help forum and ask if you can trade it for more than $4$, or if it's worth a BA DL. Then you win the trade. Cuz it's all about the win.
  5. It works better when you have some history, but for stuff like this you can usually just post "ISO: Toppling Goliath PseudoSue, FT: You tell me". Typically it will catch the eye of a few locals, and they'll tell you what it takes. Usually people are just happy to share their locals and will trade for whatever.
  6. ehammond1

ehammond1 Initiate (0) Jul 4, 2008

YaKnow, I trust OP. Like someone from the Brady bunch or something. Just gives me a good feeling through and through.
    stxSS07, Gosox8787, robinsmv and 6 others like this.
  7. jodan

jodan Initiate (0) California Jul 24, 2008

Decorah IA probably isn't the beer trader capital of the world, but they do fill growlers, and it's damn good, just like the other 2 IPAs I've had of theirs.
    FTowne and MarkIntihar like this.
  8. immobilisme

immobilisme Savant (380) Illinois Nov 8, 2005

There is a place in Cedar Rapids that also fills growlers of Toppling Goliath, but I don't know what they have currently. That opens it up a bit from just Decorah.
  9. redblacks75

redblacks75 Savant (360) Iowa Oct 29, 2010

Currently it's PsuedoSue, Golden Nugget, and Dorothy's Lager. I believe they are $13 with your own growler. $17 with new glass.
  10. FTowne

FTowne Initiate (0) Missouri Jan 27, 2012

Nice. Somebody hook Good_Trader up!
  11. redblacks75

redblacks75 Savant (360) Iowa Oct 29, 2010

I will think about it, just very hesitant about shipping growlers.
  12. jegross2

jegross2 Advocate (705) Illinois Jan 3, 2010

Matt, we need to just get you some of the swingtop types!
    redblacks75 likes this.