1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Total Wine Sugar Plum 12oz Bottle Limit

Discussion in 'US - South-Atlantic' started by Lefty1881, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Lefty1881

Lefty1881 Aficionado (210) Florida Dec 31, 2010

Haaahaha. I almost died laughing - I only wanted to try 1 12oz since last years 750ml was such a mess, and when I asked at Total Wine Ft. Lauderdale if they had any more (I saw a six pack behind the counter) they said one per customer. And I asked '1 six pack per customer?' and they said 'No, 1 bottle' ... Holy mother, I felt bad for how bad I laughed out loud. I took the 1 bottle. I'll let you know later how it is but man, Ft Lauderdale has weird bottle limits on stuff other people just put out on shelves. Like DFH 75 Minute, Bitches Brew, (which are still on shelves everywhere) CCB Jose Marti's 12oz are only 1 per person too I think, they had it behind the counter. But I already had 2 4-packs from crown, and 2 4-packs from Plantation total wine of Marti. Funny stuff.

2. 305BEER

305BEER Aficionado (160) Florida Jan 4, 2011

The only thing I've seen them limit is 120 and eutopia

3. Lefty1881

I see them limit everything. But then again, I'm in there every Wed on re-stock days.

4. Lefty1881

This years sugar plum, better. Last year I had no idea what they were even trying for, this year you can tell they have a spice heavy brew that's almost a refreshing brown ale with a dark sugar taste. Well done CCB to fix the mess of last year. I still wouldn't limit this thing though, nor buy another - but better.

5. Danny1217

Danny1217 Advocate (645) Florida Jul 15, 2011

I was going to go to Total Wine here in Miami to try to get some, but I called and they already sold out. CCB is getting way too popular. I went to another place and grabbed the last six pack though.
    It's actually kind of good that they're putting some kind of limit, because I feel like there are people in south florida out to get all the Cigar City before I can.

6. It surprises me how little CCB gets to the east coast of FL/south FL. It certainly seems like the demand is there, not sure why they dont get more supply out there. A one 12oz bottle limit of Jose Marti is ridiculous. In fact, a one 12oz limit for anything that is packaged in 6 packs in ridiculous in my opinion.

7. dannon71

dannon71 Aficionado (225) Florida Jun 19, 2005

I had Sugar Plum on draft today. I thought it was much better than last year imo. Still, I actually liked the glass of Widmer SXNW that I had before it a lot better. Widmer surprise...go figure!

8. Lefty1881

Why do people bring up beers that have nothing to do with anything always? Way to ruin the thread.

9. chardlogic

chardlogic Savant (290) Florida Feb 18, 2011

What?! Where in blazes have they been doing this? There were a few 4-packs of Marti floating arond for about a week or so.

On another note, it's interesting that bottle shops at smaller towns seem to be getting the same, if not more apportioned distro of CCB beers than in Southeast FL. For example, not too long ago Total Wine Naples had Marshal Zhukovs by the cases!

10. Yea, my store only limits 120 and Utpoias. If we get anymore moat water we will limit that because they've been flying off the shelf. We would restock them and they would be gone within a 2 day span. Stuffs good though.

11. Lefty1881

What store is that? I need more Moat Water

12. Lefty your so right about TWine..I'm having the same problem with the Twine in Boynton. They allocate alot of their beers when other TW dont. TW needs to maintan a consistency among the stores.

13. Lefty1881

I'm gonna call their offices. Try and fix this- nothing happens of you don't say anything.

14. Total Wine Sarasota

15. dannon71

dannon71 Aficionado (225) Florida Jun 19, 2005

Why do people bring up beers that have nothing to do with anything always? Way to ruin the thread.

polisanl and Lantern like this.
  16. Lefty1881

Ah, busted! Good job

17. It related to limiting bottle purchases. Some stores are different, stores have different supply and demand I guess.

bobbidylan and dannon71 like this.
  18. Any news after you called them? I may start going to TW in Boca i dont think they allocate.

19. Lefty1881

Nah, I have more important things to worry about. If they do it again to a 6 pack I will.