Town Hall Barrel-Aged Week

Discussion in 'US - Midwest' started by Ungertaker, Dec 21, 2012.

1. jawzman

jawzman Aficionado (210) Minnesota Mar 20, 2010

Limit one on everything, as I understand it... Going to be extremely tough to score growlers.

2. Yulles

Yulles Savant (305) Minnesota Apr 12, 2009

They still had plenty (30 or so) czar jack and twisted trace tickets around 4 so maybe call tomorrow and see if they still have any.

3. Mista

Mista Aficionado (215) Minnesota Nov 10, 2011

They still have growlers of Twisted and Czar jack if anyone is interested. They are charging $33 dollars now. I thought it was $30 on release day?

4. DoctorRock

DoctorRock Savant (305) Minnesota May 13, 2010

Got any mules with you? I'll take 1 if you do :)

5. Mista

I can probably swing over after work if you need something. Text me what you want and i'll try to get it for you.

6. Mista

I'm headed to town hall now from bloomington. DoctorRock is claiming the Czar Jack. If anyone wants the Twisted Trace BM me. Hopefully you do so before i get there as i don't plan on making two trips.

Cheers

DoctorRock likes this.
  7. DoctorRock

CJ is open cuz I don't want it. BM Geoff if you want it! Great guy to.offer his services though.

8. jatut

jatut Aficionado (130) Minnesota Jan 4, 2012

I am probably late but BM sent. Thanks for offering anyway mista!

9. JRorie

JRorie Aficionado (170) Illinois Oct 11, 2010

Anyone else up for grabbing a growler?

10. jatut

I don't care what the BA abraxas guys say, Mista is a stand up dude! He took a BM from me (a guy he doesn't really know) over friends calls because I sent the BM first! What a great BA!

11. DoctorRock

Geoff is a solid dude to say the least.

Geoff- Jason is a solid dude, so good job hooking him up.

jatut likes this.
  12. Penguin3200

Penguin3200 Savant (320) Minnesota Dec 28, 2008

To finish the analogy.....

And DoctorRock has a glass whale problem..... :)

laymansbeerfan and minnesotaryan like this.
  13. and Penguin3200 is a badass dude!

StarRaptor and laymansbeerfan like this.
  14. DoctorRock

Dude, I already have a wife... ;)

Penguin3200 likes this.
  15. Ungertaker

Ungertaker Savant (460) Minnesota Apr 30, 2010

...that you hired a community theater actor to sleep with while you went to the CW Anniversary party... :)

jatut, Penguin3200 and minnesotaryan like this.
  16. Who is stopping by for some Double Barrel Wale Status Aged Jack Frost?

I'll be on my way soon!

EDIT: Oops. Thanks, Doug!

17. Soon as in one week from today?

DoctorRock likes this.
  18. Yeah, that soon! Just getting a little excited ;)

19. should anyone have interest in a manhattan barrel grand cru, I have one I would be willing to part with.

20. Cyclone8

Cyclone8 Savant (475) Minnesota Oct 19, 2011

Read this. Read the Edit. And yet it still didn't click. Headed over last night - for some reason I had it in my head that it was this week, without bothering to consult those pesky "dates". I was shocked to find it so uncrowded;)
    The wonderful silver lining - the Andy's Ale was a-mazing. Similar to Zeelander by TG, and so much better than (the highly vaunted) Nelson by Alpine. Wowza!
    See y'all NEXT WEEK!:)

21. DoctorRock

What's funny is every day was uncrowded last year (accept Fri & Sat). I'm interested to see if this year will be the same or crazier.

22. jatut

Anybody know how the growlers are distributed? I have a czar jack waiting for me, but can I only pick it up on Saturday?

23. Mista

Make sure not to lose that ticket! Yes you can only pick up Czar Jack after 5pm on Saturday. I'm sure you can pick it up the following week as well if you do not have time on Saturday.

24. jatut

Conviently Doc "forgot" to give his wife the ticket to give to me. We will see if ever shows up.

25. MBrausen

MBrausen Savant (275) Minnesota May 24, 2011

I don't know. Mista (Geoff) and I were sitting at the bar when they were pouring 1414 and he broke a bottle of Corona (not even his, he took it from the girl next to him!) and he used the broken glass to slash the tendon in my right leg, just so he could get the first glass. I had to be rushed to the ER. He said he would stop by with a bottle of beer to say sorry... He sent one of his mules with a Sam Adams Triple Bock....

minnesotaryan likes this.
  26. Steasy66

Steasy66 Savant (370) Minnesota Feb 23, 2012

I don't think the 'after 5' part applies to growlers, I picked up my Twisted Trace around noon on Monday.

27. Mista (Geoff) is a great BA! My car died right before Darkness Day and I thought I wasn't going to be able to make it and out of the blue he offers me a ride! I had never even met him before! I have to mention BigLobo (Brandon) offered me a ride also! You guys are fucking awesome!!!

28. Penguin3200

Are you sure he didnt' just think you were a homeless mule he could add to his packed van?;)

Plus hard to overlook the slashing of mbrausen's tendon.

:eek:

Ungertaker, arniepnminne and MBrausen like this.
  29. Penguin3200

All right back to Town Hall Discussions - Anyone going for Manhattan Barrel? I look forward to reading the reviews tonight as I am stuck at home.

30. MBrausen

MBrausen Savant (275) Minnesota May 24, 2011

I'll be there tonight. Double Barrel was a bit of a let down. It was good but not great. I switched back to Twisted Trace after one DB.

eawolff99 likes this.
  31. cmannes

cmannes Savant (390) Minnesota Mar 15, 2009

Was going to go Thursday, but apparently there's a snow storm coming. Which sounds like a fine excuse to go tonight instead.

Revenant likes this.
  32. TheDudeRules

TheDudeRules Savant (300) Minnesota Nov 18, 2010

Not "a bit of a letdown". It flat out sucked.

jawzman likes this.
  33. josephwa

josephwa Advocate (635) Minnesota Jun 4, 2012

Double Jack was really tasty I thought. Just way hyped up due to the scarcity, expectations and how incredible it sounded. Expectation: could possibly be the best beer ever. Reality: a tasty and unique brew, but not Town Hall's very best. (IMO)

sacrelicio, maximum12 and motorhed like this.
  34. I found it to be quite enjoyable, imagine an imperial tart of darkness. though I wouldn't sit on mine.

also had twisted trace and manhattan barrel, both amazing! cheers to MnMoose for hooking up the twisted trace pour! good to see some BA's and hang out a bit!

35. Penguin3200

Any other reviews of the Manhattan Barrel? Looking forward to trying that one. May try to stop and grab a glass today before heading to get the kids.

36. Cyclone8

Cyclone8 Savant (475) Minnesota Oct 19, 2011

Has anything kicked yet?

37. Much to the consternation of others, I found the double barrel amazing. Lots of wine, obviously infected with souring bacteria, bi whiskey and sour cherry flavor, cocoa undertones- it was amazingly complex and wonderfully delicious.

MattyG85, sacrelicio and Penguin3200 like this.
  38. Penguin3200

Did you try the Manhattan Barrel? interested to hear about that one.

39. maximum12

maximum12 Champion (755) Minnesota Jan 21, 2008

Yeah, quit talking that sour crap & give us the low-down on Manhattan.

Alpar likes this.
  40. Bourbon nose, balanced sweet body with a firm malic acid cherry tartness, faint hops, clean boozy bourbon finish, lingering cherry. Fucking fantastic.