1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

trade for Loons with DBHuna+

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Talk & Help' started by TheBeerDrinker, Apr 24, 2014.

1. I'm looking for a 750mL bottle of Cantillon Mamouche, Geuze Lambic Bio, and Cuvee St-Gilloise (or Cuvee de Champions) and would like to do it all in one trade.

Was thinking about offering a DB Huna, a '13 or '14 Huna (just one of them and the choice of the other trader), and another bottle like something below:

'13 Darkness
    Surly 7
    Central Waters 16 (brewery only)
    Any of the Goose Island four sisters.
    Two New Glarus Bombers (counts as one)
    A growler of what I can find from Toppling Goliath
    375mL 3F Intense Red Oude Kriek.
    Black Ops
    '13 Abyss
    '14 Mirror Mirror
    anything I can find around here. I have more in my cellar.

Do you think that's a fair trade or is it lopsided on my side or the other?

2. mrkdwrds

mrkdwrds Savant (335) California Dec 2, 2010

Sounds pretty fair to me, especially given you're not looking for anything particularly rare/hard to find in terms of Cantillon. You'll have to get the right set of eyes on it though, as I'm not sure how many people have those 3 specific bottles and are looking to trade them all.

3. markgugs

markgugs Champion (990) New Jersey Dec 20, 2006

I think you're going way overboard. DB Hunah alone should nab Mamouche & 1 of the others, with you adding something along the lines of Abyss.

chardlogic likes this.
  4. While I think you could land more beers for what you're offering, I think you're doing this community a great service by NOT trying to get a lot more for those beers that you have. Chances are you will gain a great repeat trading partner out of that offering. I say this as someone who happily gave up a lot for a DB Hunah.

AdamP and jshusc like this.
  5. Phil_H

Phil_H Savant (300) Wisconsin Jun 4, 2013

Where in Minnesota are you located? I have a bio and the cuvee des champions. I will be in the twin cities area for a week in June and we could do a bottle share.

6. I actually got the trade done. As of now I don't have a driver's license so getting anywhere is pretty tough. Thanks for the good idea though. In theory it would be great.

mythaeus likes this.