Trade Packing Advice for the new year: Don't use packing tape on bubble wrap

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Talk & Help' started by shuajw, Jan 5, 2013.

1. Hanzo

Hanzo Champion (965) Virginia Feb 27, 2012

I wrap each bottle in bubble wrap, then stretch wrap it to hell. Then I stretch wrap them together like a giant beer molecule to prevent them from moving around in transit. Then I put the beer molecule in a box, then put that box in a box that is lined with a garbage bag in case of leakage/breakage.

Or I just use a bottle shipper.

2. At my old job, I walked past thousands and thousands of rubber bands, just sitting there...knowing that they are the perfect thing to secure bubble-wrapped bottles with. Taunting me, silently.

Of course, I was not then a beer trader.

Now, I'm too cheap to buy rubber bands so I sometimes have to resort to taping the bubble wrap. Each time I cut the tape to do so, visions of little rubber band men gloating of their greatness, stupid little laughs of theirs, start to dance through the recesses of my mind.

Sometimes I can't sleep at night.

3. Yeah screw tape!

I usually just put a garbage bag in the bottom of a box, open it up and fill it up with strawberry Jello. I then shove the beers in there and seal the bag shut. Ship and repeat.

4. I found a local wine shop that sells shippers of various sizes on the cheap, so now I just use those. Prior to that, I taped the shit out of every bottle I sent, and nothing ever broke.

Basically, do whatever gets the beer to its destination, and give the finger to anyone who complains that they got the beer they wanted intact.