1. Don't miss our 7th annual American Craft Beer Fest featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers this May 30 & 31 in Boston, MA! Buy your tickets now!
  2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Trade value for Westy 12

Discussion in 'Beer Trading General / Help' started by cdmillard, Mar 15, 2013.

1. cdmillard

cdmillard Member

Recently brought back a couple cases of Westy 12 from Belgium, and I'm wondering how to establish trade value (I'm a newbie). I'm looking to get some BCBS, BCBCS, H'pu, etc, but not sure whats a fair trade. Is 1:1 off base here?
  2. DaveHack

DaveHack Member

I might be wrong here, but I think Westy 12 trades for roughly $25 in limited beers. It doesn't seem to me that you would be off much at all for the things you have listed.
  3. unibroue4ever

unibroue4ever Member

With all the Westy available lately, I would say more around $15, but I might be wrong...
    whiskey likes this.
  4. ridglens

ridglens Member

I think Westy should probably land those options. i would think 1:2-3 on BCBS? maybe 3:2 on Huna/BCBCS? I'm jsut trying to judge $4$, i think $15-20/Westy is probably about right.

I would throw an ISO up, you are definitely in the right ball park, and may even get offered some cool beer you hadn't thought of!
  5. ridglens

ridglens Member

also, what you were doing in Belgium smuggling in cases of Westy and not Cases of Cantillon is beyond me ;) Cheers!
    jl28r1 and AlexFields like this.
  6. cdmillard

cdmillard Member

To be honest, I'm pretty new to this, and when I went over was not aware of Cantillon. Next time, I'll smuggle more stuff!

Thanks for all of your help!
  7. mattafett

mattafett Member

The brick was $85.00 =4 bottles and 2 glasses. So $15 -20 is right.
  8. StarRaptor

StarRaptor Member

wrong, "the brick" is 6 bottles and two glasses
  9. Hanzo

Hanzo Member

Around $15 is semi-limited released beer. Prior to the thousands of bricks hitting the US it had a bit more pull. As for 1:1, that's not going to work for stuff like Huna or BCBCS, but you should be able to get a couple BCBSs for a single Westy since BCBS was/is so prevalent.
  10. mattafett

mattafett Member

You sir are correct. I recently celebrated a birthday, and my memory is clearly showing it!
    Jmitchell3 likes this.
  11. StarRaptor

StarRaptor Member

I could see the following trades going down - theme 12oz bourbon barrel beers
    1:1 - Black Note
    1:1 - BCBS
    1:1 - KBS
    1:1 - Uncle Jacobs
    1:2 - Central Water Beers

I'd imagine the following as well
    1:1 - Sucaba
    1:1 - Parabola
    1:1 - Double DBA
  12. chardlogic

chardlogic Member

I've done Westy 12 for Zhukov plus locals in the past.
  13. JulianB

JulianB Member

Just FWIW, I traded Westy 12 in a large $4$ deal for Kern River Citra, with the Westy 12 valued at about $13 and change.