1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Trade value for Westy 12

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Talk & Help' started by cdmillard, Mar 15, 2013.

1. cdmillard

cdmillard Savant (410) Maryland Feb 17, 2013

Recently brought back a couple cases of Westy 12 from Belgium, and I'm wondering how to establish trade value (I'm a newbie). I'm looking to get some BCBS, BCBCS, H'pu, etc, but not sure whats a fair trade. Is 1:1 off base here?

2. I might be wrong here, but I think Westy 12 trades for roughly $25 in limited beers. It doesn't seem to me that you would be off much at all for the things you have listed.

3. With all the Westy available lately, I would say more around $15, but I might be wrong...

whiskey likes this.
  4. ridglens

ridglens Initiate (0) Indiana Jan 10, 2010

I think Westy should probably land those options. i would think 1:2-3 on BCBS? maybe 3:2 on Huna/BCBCS? I'm jsut trying to judge $4$, i think $15-20/Westy is probably about right.

I would throw an ISO up, you are definitely in the right ball park, and may even get offered some cool beer you hadn't thought of!

5. ridglens

ridglens Initiate (0) Indiana Jan 10, 2010

also, what you were doing in Belgium smuggling in cases of Westy and not Cases of Cantillon is beyond me ;) Cheers!

jl28r1 and AlexFields like this.
  6. cdmillard

cdmillard Savant (410) Maryland Feb 17, 2013

To be honest, I'm pretty new to this, and when I went over was not aware of Cantillon. Next time, I'll smuggle more stuff!

Thanks for all of your help!

7. mattafett

mattafett Savant (465) Iowa Mar 9, 2009

The brick was $85.00 =4 bottles and 2 glasses. So $15 -20 is right.

8. wrong, "the brick" is 6 bottles and two glasses

9. Hanzo

Hanzo Champion (955) Virginia Feb 27, 2012

Around $15 is semi-limited released beer. Prior to the thousands of bricks hitting the US it had a bit more pull. As for 1:1, that's not going to work for stuff like Huna or BCBCS, but you should be able to get a couple BCBSs for a single Westy since BCBS was/is so prevalent.

10. mattafett

mattafett Savant (465) Iowa Mar 9, 2009

You sir are correct. I recently celebrated a birthday, and my memory is clearly showing it!

Jmitchell3 likes this.
  11. I could see the following trades going down - theme 12oz bourbon barrel beers
    1:1 - Black Note
    1:1 - BCBS
    1:1 - KBS
    1:1 - Uncle Jacobs
    1:2 - Central Water Beers

I'd imagine the following as well
    1:1 - Sucaba
    1:1 - Parabola
    1:1 - Double DBA

12. chardlogic

chardlogic Savant (325) Florida Feb 18, 2011

I've done Westy 12 for Zhukov plus locals in the past.

13. Just FWIW, I traded Westy 12 in a large $4$ deal for Kern River Citra, with the Westy 12 valued at about $13 and change.