1. Trying to obtain a specific beer? Looking for a proxy or trustee? Tired of trading on other platforms? We've got you covered. Join our Beer Trading community to unlock this forum and new features! — Todd, Founder of BeerAdvocate

Trade Value of CCB Humidor Series IPA (Cedar Aged MZ)

Discussion in 'Trade Talk' started by DanGolfs86, Jul 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanGolfs86

DanGolfs86 Initiate (0) Dec 2, 2010 Illinois
    Deactivated

Just looking for some input on what this is currently worth. Has anyone traded for/with this beer recently that wouldn't mind sharing the details? Thanks Everyone!

-Dan

2. DanGolfs86

Deactivated

and EDIT: HUMIDOR SERIES STOUT (CEDAR AGED MARSHAL ZHUKOV)

3. stupac2

stupac2 Pooh-Bah (2,031) Feb 22, 2011 California
    Pooh-Bah Society

I got one, either for something like Pliny or as an extra. I can't imagine that this one goes for anything better than locals.

4. peteinSD

peteinSD Initiate (0) Apr 25, 2010 California

mail order beer. nice beer as well!

5. GuisseppeFranco

GuisseppeFranco Initiate (0) Nov 7, 2010 New York

I traded one for some Outer Banks sours.

6. Zappbranagan

Zappbranagan Initiate (0) Feb 24, 2012 Illinois

agreed. i have traded MANY of both of them and local is about what you should expect out of it. Good beers, though.

7. Bluecane

Bluecane Initiate (0) Dec 30, 2011 New York

Ceda Aged Mashal Zhukov really goes for locals? When I asked some guy about the regular MZ, he wanted a 4-pack of KBS.

These posts definitely would fit my perception of the IPA, if only because it still sits on the shelves at Crown Liquors and would be the kind of thing I'd throw in as an extra, but I am surprised to see that opinion for the Cedar Zhukov.

8. chardlogic

chardlogic Initiate (0) Feb 18, 2011 Oregon
    Trader

Hey, we're talking about the Humidor Series MZ, this is OOP (out of production) and the one you guys are referring to is regular MZ. I would imagine that wood-soaked beast ought to fetch something nice, like a Darkness or Bramble Rye. Regular MZ, nice locals of course.

HopsJunkiedotcom likes this.
  9. DanGolfs86

Deactivated

Yeah I think I added to the confusion with my little slip-up in the title of the thread. If anyone knows how to edit the title, please let me know, otherwise my feeble attempt at an edit in post #2 is all i can do.

Yeah I was surprised to see so many responses saying locals only, i've gotten offers for much more than locals.

10. BearsOnAcid

BearsOnAcid Pooh-Bah (2,215) Mar 17, 2009 Massachusetts
    Pooh-Bah Society

Was this beer actually sold outside of the brewery? I think the most recent release was last year.

Cedar aged Zhukov was really good when I had it fresh.

11. claaark13

claaark13 Maven (1,412) Nov 29, 2007 Indiana
    Trader

I think the trade value is directly related to how much that person likes the flavor of cigars.

12. stupac2

stupac2 Pooh-Bah (2,031) Feb 22, 2011 California
    Pooh-Bah Society

No, I know what you're talking about. I got one either as an extra or for Pliny, I'm not sure which. But I certainly didn't trade non-locals for it, and based on how it tasted, I wouldn't advise anyone trade anything else for it either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.