1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Trade value PvW DL

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Talk & Help' started by beerpirates, Feb 9, 2014.

1. beerpirates

beerpirates Savant (425) Belgium May 4, 2010

Just curious what it would take to land a PvW Dl ,
    Would it work with a stille nacht reserva 2008 75 cl ?

Thoughts ?
  2. It takes wales bro and no snr 2008 not close.
  3. evilcatfish

evilcatfish Advocate (505) Missouri May 11, 2012

If you have to ask, you can't afford it
  4. 7clutch

7clutch Aficionado (245) Florida Sep 14, 2012

Looking at OP's gots and those he has FT, he most certainly can afford it.
    Deltoro, hey5hitgoose and JCDenver like this.
  5. Jwale73

Jwale73 Advocate (670) Rhode Island Aug 15, 2007

What's at ZJ?
    sandman3479 likes this.
  6. tinypyramids

tinypyramids Savant (445) Illinois Jul 19, 2012

if the beers you have listed for trade are accurate, you've got the ammo to pull one off. you're talking about a bona-fide whale. it's third only to the 2011 de muerte and the 2011 brandy vanilla in trade value (does not consider the '06 growler as that's effectively a ghost). getting someone to ship overseas is going to be difficult, but framboos or blabaer (or, if you have the right vintage of OGV) would be a good way to start a coversation about one.
  7. pmoney

pmoney Advocate (595) Illinois Apr 15, 2011

Apparently it takes 3x VSB.
    leftyhyzer and hey5hitgoose like this.
  8. MykelJH

MykelJH Savant (280) California Aug 3, 2011

Which was awfully generous
    brian4beer likes this.
  9. GBallHead

GBallHead Savant (265) Indiana Oct 6, 2011

Which made me cry when I saw that trade... I had 2 and had access to more but I opened one up at my last tasting... and I dont even like sours.
    MykelJH likes this.
  10. MykelJH

MykelJH Savant (280) California Aug 3, 2011

ouch! yea i was ISO of VSB then i saw that post and was like "nope, if i can get 3 ill trade for that PVW" lol
  11. brian4beer

brian4beer Savant (320) Indiana Jan 27, 2013

and I will trade w you again anytime my friend ;)
  12. PvW DL is a Moby Dick White Whale. And probably past it prime anyways... What I am trying to say is it not worth what it will take to get a bottle at this stage in its life cycle in the bottle. Its a 2010 DL varient so in early spring its 4 years old... I bet that there are not many bottles of it left anymore either...
  13. Shilt

Shilt Savant (370) Virginia Dec 26, 2011

2010 DL base, but was released at DLD 2011 as one of the four variants that year. Definitely a white whale, but my buddy just traded a Rare, BA Abraxas, and DB Huna for one as the main part of the trade. A Facebook group I'm in has a guy selling it for $500. Worth it, who knows? People I know who have had it recently say its still holding up pretty well, but as with many old BA stouts, could all depend on cellar conditions.
  14. Yeah, I would agree with that. If the beer has been properly cellared it will still be pretty good beer.