1. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Trading Crooked Stave

Discussion in 'US - Mountain' started by chicano4craft, Oct 28, 2012.

1. chicano4craft

chicano4craft Member

It seems like there have been a lot of people looking for Crooked Stave beers since GABF. I guess I was wondering if locals are willing to part with whatever bottles you might have. The older WWB beers have been gone from stores for awhile. Batch #1 sold out of the taproom at the beginning of GABF week. I recently traded two of those bottles and already regret it! I feel like whatever I can get in return isn't going to be worth it. Persica was such a small release I couldn't imagine many of those bottles made it out of the state. Just thinking out loud. :) Cheers.
  2. Mebuzzard

Mebuzzard Member

If I were an active trader, I'd let go of some that I have. Of course, off the top of my balding head I'm not sure which ones I have; Oculus, Batch #1 and something else. I save them for tasting parties or special occasions, or even in-person trades.
  3. DenverBeerDrinker

DenverBeerDrinker Member

I have traded quite a bit but probably given away just as much to local BAs that didn't make it over to the brewery before they sold out. I usually only get stingy when I get down to my last bottle or two.
    tacosandbeer likes this.
  4. mkurylko

mkurylko Member

Any chance that any of you guys have a bottle of WWBI which you'd be willing to trade? It seems like I haven't gotten any responses in regards to trade requests and would be really grateful if one of you guys could help me out. Thanks in advance!
  5. skycracksopen

skycracksopen Member

I have Indigo that I would trade and I saw your thread, but I've tried everything that you listed FT so I didn't respond.
  6. imperialbeerdude

imperialbeerdude Member

Damn I was just about to make this thread. I'm thinking about eventually joining their members club. Anyways if anyone has some Persica on them I'll gladly buy or trade for it. I just traded for some Crooked Stave but this one remains elusive.
  7. skycracksopen

skycracksopen Member

There will probably be some people trading Persica early next year since that's when the next batch will be released.
  8. imperialbeerdude

imperialbeerdude Member

Yeah that's what the crooked stave guy said, but I'm really looking for one now.