1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Trading for BCBS Cherry Rye

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Talk & Help' started by pmoney, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Etan

Etan Advocate (745) Wisconsin Jul 11, 2011

It has 6 reviews on BA, 4.16 rating, and that's with Breaking Bad's 5 review. Insane.

claaark13 likes this.
  2. That's ridiculous. If I had one I'd make a trade with you. Wait....no I wouldn't. I would drink it instead :)

3. CCC

CCC Disciple (60) Illinois Aug 17, 2010

I'm honestly shocked at what these appear to be snagging--and it seems like I'm not alone. For whatever reason, I don't know why I always expect the BCBS variants to come out in equal quantities. I'll admit, it's very good, but I can't decide whether it's a scarcity or quality issue. Probably something of both.

4. Tnudish

Tnudish Initiate (0) Wisconsin Feb 16, 2012

It would be a good problem to have deciding which to open first if you have both

BdubleEdubleRUN and MarkIntihar like this.
  5. Shmeal

Shmeal Advocate (520) Oregon Nov 9, 2009

I somehow managed to get a very reasonable trade. BCBCS, Cherry Rye, and 2 BCBS for 2011 and 2012 Bourbon Fred from the Wood and MoaS

BdubleEdubleRUN likes this.
  6. csano

csano Initiate (0) Washington Sep 21, 2010

That's a steal, in your favor.

7. evilc

evilc Initiate (0) California Jan 27, 2012

Traded 1 Beat B5 and 1 12' BaSS for a 12' Coffee and Cherry Rye. I set this trade up WAY in advance for JUST the 12' BaSS for BOTH thinking this would be the usual 2x $15 variants that you could get in 10 min driving around. This guy had no problem honoring that once the cards fell - fucking awesome BA. I added the Beat B5 after reality set in. Some awesome dudes out there.

8. Interesting.. I might try to do the same trade.

LoPo87 likes this.
  9. readbaron

readbaron Savant (345) Illinois May 12, 2010

I'm thinking about offering back alley BJs for cherry rye. I'm getting desperate.

10. Alright, the hater-train stops now.

Treebs, drewba and Etan like this.
  11. MarkIntihar

MarkIntihar Initiate (0) Michigan Mar 17, 2010

I can't speak for the other folks, but if I still felt like writing reviews I would have rated it more in the 4.5-4.7 range, probably. I know that doesn't put me in great company with our buddy there, but I really did think it was excellent. Wish I had another bottle.

Gosox8787, Rempo, tniaPSM and 5 others like this.
  12. I will also post my mental range.

13. Anonymous1

Anonymous1 Savant (420) Illinois Mar 19, 2012

I thought it was a solid 4.5. But then again Bramble is my favorite variant. Also dark fruit, barrel aged stouts/strong ales are my absolute favorite style of beer (mmmm always ISO CAftW).

tniaPSM and ASUBeer like this.
  14. AgentZero

AgentZero Advocate (565) Illinois Jul 19, 2009

Now that the Had option is available, I think that needs to be taken into account as well.

Personally, I have it in the 4.1 - 4.25 range I'm guessing. Actually a really good beer (anything 4 or above I consider really good), but nowhere near Coffee BCS.

15. MarkIntihar

MarkIntihar Initiate (0) Michigan Mar 17, 2010

I'm an idiot. Completely forgot about the Hads. Brb.

16. nanobrew

nanobrew Initiate (0) California Dec 31, 2008

my mental range is 2.25... so now that it is junk and should trade for shelf turdz who wants to work something out :D

17. kscaldef

kscaldef Advocate (700) Oregon Jun 11, 2010

Only compared to some of the other crazy offers out there. It seems like a reasonable trade to me.

FWIW, I also got a cherry rye in a $4$ trade of a mix of brewery only and distributed beers, the specifics of which are mentioned elsewhere in the thread. Both parties were happy.

18. bauermj

bauermj Savant (475) Illinois May 4, 2009

That's the biggest problem with those early 60 bottle Upright Sole Comps that I've just been getting around to cracking. A few misses but the true winners are now basically extinct/ghosts..

19. tniaPSM

tniaPSM Disciple (70) Viet Nam Dec 5, 2012

Is there a guide for all the abbreviations used here? I have been able to figure some out but others escape my grasp. My liquor store guy wasn't able to find CAftW on any order sheets. And BaSS? And is Moas the New Zealand one??

20. Treebs

Treebs Initiate (0) Illinois Apr 18, 2011

CAftW = Cherry Adam from the Wood
    BaSS =Barrel Aged Speedway Stout
    MOAS = Mother of all Storms

None of which are available in Indiana.

dman5400, gpawned and pmoney like this.
  21. ABisonEgo

ABisonEgo Savant (290) Illinois Jan 31, 2012

what?!?!? that sounds amazing.

22. jrman1386

jrman1386 Aficionado (245) Illinois Oct 22, 2011

I traded 2 away one for a CR, and the other for a Black Note. Both IP Chicago.

23. MordorMongo

MordorMongo Initiate (0) Jul 19, 2009

I traded one for a kidney, you know, just in case I need one down the road. Figured I should hit while the market is hot and all.

24. My wife is filling the bathtub with ice as I post this.

dachshunddude86 and MordorMongo like this.
  25. Should have waited - if it goes the way of BCBVS you could have gotten two kidneys by this summer I'd imagine.

26. MordorMongo

Naw man, I didn't want to fleece anyone. Just a Midwest shelf whale, there will be another one next month.

cavedave, gpawned, Treebs and 5 others like this.
  27. polisanl

polisanl Savant (260) Florida Aug 6, 2010

Sounds amazing???

To me it sounds like a police report should be filed.

Wow.

ABisonEgo likes this.
  28. Crookdrain

Crookdrain Savant (420) New York Jan 13, 2010

I'm probably picking up a bottle or two this Tuesday when it hits NYC. If so, I'm down for trading one. Been dying for a KH but will also listen to offers for unique sours (I'm new to the sour thing, only had a few on tap).

29. Zaphog

Zaphog Poobah (1,055) Michigan Sep 23, 2011

I traded a BBPt5, a Monster 29 and a BBA Monster 29 for a Cherry Rye.

Hugonaut13 and dachshunddude86 like this.
  30. codysjb

codysjb Savant (400) Florida Jun 16, 2010

I did a large trade with my trading partner.
    From Him:
    2 Cherry Ryes
    2 BCBCS
    8BCBS

From Me:
    2 Cantillon Kriek 375's
    1 Cantillon Curve St. Guilloise
    1 Armand'4 herfst
    1 HF Art
    1 CCB Imperial Sweet Stout
    1 CCB Cucumber Saison

31. Just about finished setting up a trade for a combination of 05-09 BCBS for my bottle of Cherry Rye.

32. JeepCop

JeepCop Aficionado (245) Kansas May 16, 2010

Wow! I'd trade a Cherry Rye all day long for an '05-'09 BCBS vert.

33. MordorMongo

Winner, winner chicken dinner.

34. Corbet

Corbet Savant (330) Michigan Nov 7, 2010

I traded 5 bottles of BBPt5 for a Cherry Rye and extra to match $4$. Would have liked to only trade 4 bottles of BBPt5 but I'm still happy with the trade.

35. stxSS07

stxSS07 Initiate (0) Illinois Nov 23, 2010

Did you at least include Astroglide to even up $4$?

vonnegut21, yojimbo1 and match1112 like this.
  36. InebriatedJoker

InebriatedJoker Champion (810) Ohio Sep 16, 2010

I traded a Jackie O's for one .

37. gpawned

gpawned Initiate (0) Illinois Jun 5, 2012

I traded a Jackie O's for one as well (STAFF bottle of Dark Apparition Nuts).

38. Heh...yeah its not for every bottle 05-09, just a combination of bottles in that age range. I'm pretty sure it is going to be fair for both sides when its finalized.

39. stxSS07

stxSS07 Initiate (0) Illinois Nov 23, 2010

Sooo...you're just trying to make it sound like you got wayyy more than you did in your first post? That's a pretty weird/ambiguous way to state what you're trading for.

Treebs, JeepCop, MordorMongo and 3 others like this.
  40. miikezombie

miikezombie Savant (345) Texas Aug 13, 2010

What has been the average price per bottle? And does anyone know the bottle count(besides not enough;))?