1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Trading for Cantillon

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Talk & Help' started by PoopChute69, Dec 11, 2012.

1. stupac2

stupac2 Initiate (0) California Feb 22, 2011

To be fair, their fruit lambics pretty much are the best, and if you want anything besides kriek and framboise often the only game in town.

Freaking out about their gueuze is silly IMO. I'll buy it if I see it, but I'll also buy 3F. I'd probably buy Mariage Parfait too if I ever saw it, but I don't think I ever have (outside of the '03 that Toronado seems to have infinite bottles of). I've considered Hanssens a few times but they were even more absurdly priced than Cantillon, like $30 for a 750 of a gueuze or kriek. Pass.
    I don't think that conclusion follows. Everything has nearly the same pDev because the underlying forces that generate the distributions are nearly the same (even then they do vary), but I don't think we have a better tool for saying "here's the range of 'true' distributions for this beer".
    Sure, but that's true about pretty much every limited made by anyone at this point. Which is why I'm coming to the view that rating schemes are pretty much useless.
  2. HenrikO

HenrikO Aficionado (205) Sweden Jun 19, 2011

Yet I rarely see people trade for De Cam? Is this because of the hype factor surrounding Cantillon, or again because you can order De Cam from Etre/BinaB?

Anyway - less demand for De Cam means more for me, right? ;)
    hooliganlife likes this.
  3. De Cam is just a complete unknown name for anyone who isn't already knee deep into lambics. I also don't think many people have tried them, so they don't know what they're missing. :)
    hooliganlife likes this.
  4. Tnudish

Tnudish Initiate (0) Wisconsin Feb 16, 2012

There is less exposure over here to De Cam than most other lambics, so that's why I dont think there is much demand. The one time I remember Oude Lambiek hitting the shelve, it was like $35 for a 750 and stayed on the shelves for weeks.
  5. chuckycheese

chuckycheese Aficionado (170) Maine Feb 18, 2010

Does De Cam geuze get imported to US?
  6. MordorMongo

MordorMongo Initiate (0) Jul 19, 2009

< Beams brightly that discussion has turned to De Cam

< A sudden furrow of the brow as this dumbass just realizes he likely made De Cam more of a ghost than it already is.

Fade. Fin.
    cbeer88 likes this.
  7. You were stirring the pot on the Sebago Barleywine thread this week too. Talk about 2 beers you're helping go from 0 to Whale in no time flat...
    MordorMongo and Knifestyles like this.
  8. Etan

Etan Advocate (745) Wisconsin Jul 11, 2011

I don't think anybody is currently importing De Cam beers. One must rely on shipping from Belgium, but even then many of the usual websites don't have some of the fruit lambics they make.
  9. I've purchased De Cam Oude Lambeik in the states, but not sure who imported the beer. I can check later on to see if there is anything on the bottles.
  10. Imported by Vanberg & Dewulf Cooperstown, NY
  11. tacosandbeer

tacosandbeer Savant (420) Colorado Sep 24, 2010

you can keep your De Cam.
  12. lurchingbeast

lurchingbeast Initiate (0) Illinois Feb 19, 2009

Yeeeeah. Those were lean times in the Beast household.
  13. I like De Cam, but every time I've tried it I've found it has a sort of odd mineral water taste to it. Like the water they use to make it is really hard or something...? Anybody else notice this?
  14. Etan

Etan Advocate (745) Wisconsin Jul 11, 2011

Yes, I've noticed it especially in the straight unblended lambic.
  15. MordorMongo

MordorMongo Initiate (0) Jul 19, 2009

Being a hillbilly from the back country on a well I guess maybe that is why I DO like it....reminds me of home.
  16. looks like i need to take a trip to vancouver ! :)
  17. KaslD

KaslD Initiate (0) California Nov 25, 2012

I have only been on BA for a month. The second trade I lined up was for a Fou Foune and a Cuvee de Champions. It is not hard to do if you are in the right spot to grab good beer. I think it is for a Alesmith BA Wee Heavy and a Lost Abbey Framboise de Amarosa and '12 Cuvee de Tomme. Only one that is real hard to get is The Wee Heavy. It can easily be done if you have the right ammo for the trade. Keep looking!
  18. After reading this thread and searching the internet I have not been able to find out where 504NE stands. What does this trade for these days? Appreciate any info
  19. just guessing, but I think it's in the next tier harder than fou foune
  20. LopeJuice

LopeJuice Savant (335) New York Aug 23, 2012

only made twice, brewery only release. Never traded for it but somewhere between Fou and Blabaer?
  21. I think it's safe to put it above Fou and below Blabaer like the others have stated. I've wanted another bottle since I drank the one I got from the brewery. Thought it was fantastic.
  22. belvedere86

belvedere86 Savant (455) Belgium Apr 1, 2013

Traded mine for grey monday B1 to give you an idea.