1. The BeerAdvocate Store is back! Pre-order your stuff now. Items begin shipping Dec 15. Christmas deadline = Dec 18 @ 5pm EST.
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Trading "Pet Peeves"

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Talk & Help' started by jp7161, Aug 31, 2012.

1. You can still report them. I reported the post and another that was similar by the user and they were gone the next day. Who did the removing, I dont know. But they were gone.

2. jrnyc

jrnyc Advocate (640) New York Mar 21, 2010

Ahh, you are right , my bad, now I see it , thanks! Time to report a post.

3. Bad traders with excuses.

It's trading fucking beer. Put beer in a box and ship in timely manner. Jesus.

atone315, OddNotion and MordorMongo like this.
  4. MordorMongo

MordorMongo Initiate (0) Jul 19, 2009

Hey man, life happens, you know?

5. Yeah, it's certainly understandable that all of the good traders have no life. :)

nanobrew and MordorMongo like this.
  6. MordorMongo

Hahahahaha funny how that seems to work, eh?

ASUBeer likes this.
  7. Bluecane

Bluecane Initiate (0) New York Dec 30, 2011

People who think that tossing in a couple of FBS will make a Florida trader shut up and give you their best beer. If you think the KBS stuff is bad, this is way worse.

8. maximum12

maximum12 Champion (755) Minnesota Jan 21, 2008

I don't like auctions either, & always bail if I get that vibe off a response/inquiry, but what we really need around here is fewer hall monitors.

Don't like a post? Against the "rules"? Just keep swimming.

supercolter likes this.
  9. stxSS07

stxSS07 Initiate (0) Illinois Nov 23, 2010

So...I shouldn't throw that in as an extra in my box today? Damn CCB spoiled you guys.

10. Bluecane

If you were trying to misrepresent ny post as much as possible, then congratulations!

Never said it's not a nice extra. But it's a joke to feature it in an ISO for brewery exclusives like Leon.

11. stxSS07

Are you always wound this tight? Seems I forgot some people need their humor/sarcasm spoon-fed to them.

Since you brought it up, Leon sure did look like a tough get with people posting 5 case hauls.

12. Bluecane

Yes, because it was so clear that you were joking with the line about being spoiled by CCB. Convenient turn-around there. And It's interesting that such a loose fellow like yourself would so quickly resort to name-calling.

And it's a thread about pet peeves; people posting about things that annoy them is the whole idea.

Just because there was no limit if you picked it up at the brewery doesn't mean it should be traded for a beer that sits on shelves until March or later. And I don't have any Leon or any interest in its value, but the practice is silly.

13. stxSS07

I thought it was...oh well. I missed the part where I resorted to "name-calling", but read it how you will.

True. Your post about trading annoyed me, therefore I replied. SCIENCE.

Some might disagree with this. That's what forums are for.

*bonus round: if you respond, you win!*

domtronzero and robinsmv like this.
  14. robinsmv

robinsmv Initiate (0) Florida Jun 24, 2010

It could be the anonymity of the Internet or the ambiguity of written language talking, but the tone coming across makes it seem like your panties are more twisted then that time a tornado hit a Victoria's Secret. There was no name calling going on and if someone is talking about sending you extras then clearly they have good intentions. As far as the FBS for Leon goes guess what I just worked out a trade for. I'll give you a hint, it involves me sending a Leon and getting a FBS in return. There are other beers as well, but I was really looking to get my hands on a FBS and it turned out to be the perfect beer to make the $4$ match up so it's really not that far fetched. As long as both people are happy then it really doesn't matter what you trade for what.

15. MordorMongo

Can someone point me to the store where FBS sits around until march? Maybe two years ago, or maybe in Kentucky.

cavedave likes this.
  16. cavedave

cavedave Champion (940) New York Mar 12, 2009

Just read this page and it hit me that stupid arguments on BA based on unrecognized sarcasm in which I am not part are another pet peeve of mine.

chippo33, BobZ, stxSS07 and 1 other person like this.
  17. MordorMongo

+1

18. black13

black13 Savant (395) Oregon Apr 11, 2010

I agree with this 100%, but there are legitimate reasons for this. I have been guilty of this in the past, but here is my reason. The damn FedEx guy deliverd the boxes to my back door. (FYI, to get to my back door you have to go past my front door and through my yard). I can go several days without going out my back door. Fortunately, I just happened to see a box sitting out there one day. Otherwise that box of beer would have sat baking in the sun for who knows how long. Now I make it a point to look there on deliver day.

19. stxSS07

I'm usually good for one every month or so. Sorry in advance.

cavedave likes this.
  20. cavedave

cavedave Champion (940) New York Mar 12, 2009

I'm usually good for some unrecognized sarcasm.

21. MordorMongo

22. Jparkanzky

Jparkanzky Initiate (0) Ohio Apr 5, 2011

23. robinsmv

Saw this in the thread list, read it before it got nuked, now who do I talk to about getting those two minutes of my life back?

24. mobius387

mobius387 Savant (415) Florida Dec 5, 2010

1. not funny either (see, i can do it too)

me. next time ill message you guys before i post something so you can approve it as "funny enough for BA"

new pet peeve of mine: BA's acting like real snobs, instead of just beer snobs

25. MordorMongo

Wasnt aware ISO : FT was for posting complete BS attempts at "humor". Though these days I admit many are comical, so maybe you are on to something. Just try harder next time and maybe make it a wee bit less obvious so more than 5 people see it before it gets nuked.

cavedave likes this.
  26. mobius387

like i eluded to before, i dont need your approval before i post something on BA. i dont care if you dont think it was funny. to be honest, i was more going for something just silly and therapeutic.

but thanks for proving my point. BA's just cant help themselves sometimes from being regular snobs :rolleyes:

27. MordorMongo

Yes I am clearly a snob because I find you boorish and unfunny. Also you don't need my permission, sure, but there are rules around here, which you clearly must think are snobish as well.

Bet you can put some plates up though, eh bro?

28. mobius387

lol, right. cause i was complaining about my post being taken down? and you are acting like a snob. i wont bother explaining it to you because as my attendings say "if i just tell you, you wont learn."

not many plates for me. i weigh about 160.

but unfortunately, i have nothing to add to the OP. so ill be done here.

29. robinsmv

See, i always knew that if you ask the right question you will get an answer or at least find out who to get an answer from. So can I have those two minutes back?

MordorMongo likes this.
  30. mobius387

lol, sure. lets set up a trade and ill include it as an extra ;)

31. robinsmv

Sounds good, I'll send you an m, you send me a Dave and a few vitamin c pills to keep me just a tad bit healthier

32. Pahn

Pahn Advocate (705) New York Dec 2, 2009

don't worry about the approval, just refrain from posting joke threads altogether. then you don't have to deal with people accurately calling them unfunny, and whatever burst of frustration / other emotions that brings about inside of you.

edit: p.s. re: snobbery, i've been crusading against BA "humor" for years now--long before it was cool.

33. LambicKing

LambicKing Advocate (655) Florida Apr 13, 2011

34. Duffman929

Duffman929 Savant (380) Illinois Nov 27, 2010

35. ChadQuest

ChadQuest Initiate (0) Illinois Mar 4, 2009

I started doing that once it was cool, i pretty much follow the coolness tides in and out.

36. Pahn

Pahn Advocate (705) New York Dec 2, 2009

i was following the coolness tides in and out before it was cool.

37. That was the second one that was posted in Beer Talk. The first one was here in Beer Trading. Too bad it got deleted, we had fun with that thread and it was pretty entertaining.

38. pepsican

pepsican Savant (325) Iowa Nov 5, 2007

Minus the obvious things like a trader not sending off his end, I'd have to say stale beer.

39. Duffman929

Duffman929 Savant (380) Illinois Nov 27, 2010

I'd like to trade with him...just so I can wrap the BA DL in bubble wrap and then layers of tape.