1. American Craft Beer Fest returns to Boston on May 29 & 30, featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers. Tickets are on sale now.

Traveling to Antwerp / Ghent in a few weeks

Discussion in 'Benelux' started by erichxedge, Aug 8, 2013.

1. First trip outside the US, and it will be in Belgium. If anyone that lives out there wants to grab a beer, I believe the girlfriend and I will be in Antwerp Sept 6th and 7th, and Ghent on the 8th.

I dont know too much about Belgium beers, but excited to try a bunch Ill never see again. So figured if any BA locals in either city want to grab a beer on those days, let me know.

Figured best place to drink in Antwerp is Kulminator ... Anywhere in Ghent that shouldnt be missed?

2. Kulminator is a must....the rest is less....

3. If you're making first explorations of the Belgian ales, you might be satisfied, with plenty to explore, at most any bar you visit. Just a thought... Any bar will have more than a session's worth of variety, at least to get you started. The typical lineup includes a lager or two (skip), a wit (wheat), a couple Trappists and a couple other strong ales. By all means make the pilgrimage to the big places, but if you have a pleasant, uncrowded place with a bartender or a few patrons to talk you through choices, you'll have fun and find some new favorites to build on at the next place.