1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Traveling to SF/Napa in a Few Weeks

Discussion in 'US - Pacific' started by phishbfm, Dec 27, 2012.

1. What do I need to hit up? I've already declared my intention to steal the rental car and head to Russian River one day(and have extra room in my suitcase).

What else?

2. To be specific..I'm looking for bottles of the best I can't get on the east coast.

Anywhere in San Fran have Moonlight brews on tap normally?

3. I have always seen a couple of Moonlight beers at Toronado.

4. rkhaze

rkhaze Savant (320) California Sep 16, 2003

If you are going to RR, head up the street and around the corner to Flavors Bistro. They will usually have all available Moonlight beers on tap.

5. litheum94

litheum94 Initiate (0) California Dec 29, 2008

Flavor is the place if you're looking for Moonlight, especially if you're already going to RR. Stop by Bottle Barn and Whole Foods Coddingtown for great bottle selections.

DJButters and PaulStoneAnchor like this.
  6. How long will you be here and what dates? There are semi-regular bottle shares that might be a good way to meet some awesome BAs and share some bottles as well as set up some IP trades.

7. I live in Napa, let me know if you need any help.

The best place to drink beer is Bilco's, a weird pool hall with 60 or so beers on tap. Always has Pliny and Blind Pig, and normally has a Moonlight handle, sometimes two.

The best place to buy beer is Whole Foods. They don't have anything too rare, but things like FW15 seem to sit and were still there two or so weeks ago.

8. APreacher

APreacher Savant (260) California Jun 6, 2012

9. I will be at RR for the younger tapping on the 2/1/2013 for the beginning of a 2 week brewery road trip down to San Diego. I'll be bringing a few cases of fresh heady topper and some additional rare bottles for potential bottle shares and trades. If anyone has any interest or suggestions let me know please!

10. Well, I hope you are planning to stick around for SF Beer Week:
    http://www.sfbeerweek.org/

Keep us posted on how long you'll be in the Bay Are and we can try to set up a bottle share while you're here. And if you're looking for specific bottles to trade for, just let me know and I'll see if I've got anything you're looking for.

11. Check out Beer Craft in Rohnert Park for bottles as well.

12. I also live in Napa....we should meet up. :) I do 2nd Billcos being awesome. I'm on the dart league with the owner, and the staff there is a joy to be around. They are also bottleshare friendly as long as you call and give a heads up.

13. Chussian?

HaveUSeenMyCellar likes this.
  14. The man, the myth, the legend.

15. huh?