1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Travelling from Brussels to the Southeast

Discussion in 'Benelux' started by 4thelvofbeer, Nov 20, 2012.

1. I will be travelling from Brussels tot he southeast area of Belgium (fantome/orval/rochefort/bastogne). Any recommendations on good hotels between Brussels and the southeast that are nearby to some good bars?
  2. Tut

Tut Savant (390) New York Sep 23, 2004

If you'll have a car this is easy. I've been to Belgium nine times. At this time of year just stop in whatever village or small city looks good to you. Check out the cafes, and if you like them, ask staff and patrons for a good place to stay. Be an independent traveler - you won't need reservations.
    4thelvofbeer likes this.
  3. Arlon is a nice little village in the Southeast of Belgium, not far from the Luxembourg border. It is an easy drive from Arlon to Orval, Bastogne, Fantome, Chouffe, La Rulles. There are a few decent pubs in town although not a lot of night time activity in the center of town.

There is a great beer store in Arlon called Mi-Orge Mi-Houblon that is worth a visit whether or not you stay the night in town.

I stayed a few times at a very reasonably priced hotel, Apart City Arlon and if you don't have a car, the hotel and beer store are each less than 10 minute walks from the train.
  4. Thanks....good info...agree!