1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Travelling & Shipping to Yourself

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Talk & Help' started by Envelopes, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Envelopes

Envelopes Initiate (0) Ohio Aug 26, 2012

I'm in Chicago for the weekend and I'm hoping to grab a few things I can't get in Ohio. The only problem is I'm arriving by bus and as far as luggage I'm just bringing a backpack (keeping it simple). This makes hauling things home a little difficult so I was thinking of shipping things back home through FedEx.

I'm sure this has been done, but what do you do about a return address? Would any quality Chicago area BA want to volunteer themselves for a return address and if by chance it gets sent "back" to them they can re-pack and ship it to me and I'll cover the shipping charges and send some Head Hunter for their trouble?

Could I put a friends close Ohio address as the return address and if they ask just tell them that that's my home address and I'm mailing gifts to family while I'm on vacation

Apologies if this has been discussed, when trying to search for "ship to yourself" the engine says that "yourself" is too common and will be ignored, making the results less than specific.

2. claaark13

claaark13 Advocate (645) Indiana Nov 29, 2007

Use your own address as the return address.

I've dropped stuff off in various states with my address as the return address. People do it all the time with RS membership stuff as well.

Envelopes and maximum12 like this.
  3. Envelopes

The thing that worried me about that is that I figured if something broke and they saw it was beer, they might just destroy the box rather than sending back what's undamaged to the "sender" when they see the sending address is the same as the return.

Maybe I'm just over-thinking this :confused:

4. Treebs

Treebs Initiate (0) Illinois Apr 18, 2011

Probably over-thinking, but if no one else has offered you can use mine. BM me.

Envelopes likes this.
  5. kmello69

kmello69 Advocate (505) Texas Nov 27, 2011

Ive done it, and I've used my own address as the return. No issues

Envelopes likes this.
  6. You are over-thinking it. Put your address and phone number. If something is damaged or needs returned, they'll call you. If they find out it is beer, odds are they would destroy it anyways and STILL contact you.

Envelopes likes this.
  7. Envelopes

Thanks all. Looks like I'm just going to go with the double address.