1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Travelling to KCMO

Discussion in 'US - Midwest' started by jolly_lynch, Apr 2, 2014.

1. Hey all,

So I'm taking a week long trip to KCMO in the near future, and was wondering what your recommendations are for bottle shops? I've been in the past, and the best thing I found was a Gomer's in Parkville. Wasn't bad, but I felt that there were more shops that I was missing...thanks for the help!

2. HaysAmerica

HaysAmerica Aficionado (190) Kansas Jan 28, 2011

Visit Lukas Liquor on the MO side, just off of State Line. It's the size of a Super Walmart. You can also hit up the Lukas Liquor on the KS side but it's considerably smaller. You could also look out for Berbiglia or even go so far as to go to Bier Station in Waldo (just off of Wornall & on Gregory street). It was in Draft Mag's 100 best beer bars. It's a bar & bottle shop w/ some decent selections. It really depends on where in KC you will be. And if you are willing to do a little driving. There are several Gomers. Rimann's is also pretty darn good. Anything in particular you are looking for?? Happy hunting!