Trip to Fort Worth Tx

Discussion in 'US - Southwest' started by depechemode1983, Apr 1, 2012.

1. depechemode1983

depechemode1983 Savant (370) Texas Jul 19, 2006

Ill be heading up to Fort Worth worth in a couple of days. Is there anything I should be looking for? What are the better places to shop for beer there? I really want to get a hold of some Jester King beers.

2. There is an awesome Beer place, super ahrd to find Grapevine or something or other the address is still on my smartphone 2150 W Northwest Hwy # 215, Grapevine, TX 76051. its just north of Ft Worth. Pretty much look for the ci ci's pizza and blockbuster. Its int he same plaza...... They have a few Jester kings. I was there for work and got a bunch of Local TX stuff there.

Also check out "the Draught Emporium" they have 91 items on tap and 180 bottled. and they have SEVERAL samplers called "flights", where you get 5, 5oz pours such a s a texas sampler, malt sampler, hops, etc.....

r0nburgundy69 likes this.
  3. H0rnedFr0gs

H0rnedFr0gs Savant (430) Texas Mar 12, 2012

JK is readily avalible at Whole Foods in Arlington (Petite, Thrashhouse, BM, and Wytchemaker).

Kings on Berry St by TCU has all of the above minus Thrash + a good selection of national/TX products (this is my go to store).

Central Market has a solid selection but I don't recall JK there.

Checkout the SW Regional section for tons more suggestions between FTW and Dallas or feel free to PM me

4. YELP also lists a lot of them with reviews..... and it can pick up your location if you use it on your phone.... so if can find a close one.

5. AAxsom

AAxsom Aficionado (210) Texas Jan 13, 2010

Radiantdesigner is referring to Grapevine Beer and Wine. It is excellent. Hall's in Colleyville has the widest and best selection in Tarrant County. Fern is a great beer guy there, so I'd recommend that first. Grapevine Beer and Wine can be hit or miss on JK stuff, but it's usually because they sell out. Kings in Ft. Worth is amazing and is right there at the top in terms of selection. Agree with H0rnedFr0gs about whole foods and central market.

6. depechemode1983

depechemode1983 Savant (370) Texas Jul 19, 2006

found some Jester King at the Central Market in Hulen. Black Metal Stout, Petite Prince and Wytchmaker Rye. Really wasn't expecting that. Last time I was down their beer selection was sort of lame. It seems to have improve quite a bit. Ill look into these others though. Ill be here till Saturday so there's plenty of time. Thanks for all the info everyone.

7. H0rnedFr0gs

I found Noble King ($9.50) and La Folie ($12.99) at Kings on Berry last night.

You might also check the Kings on Granbury...little as far as TX brews but they have a large selection of Avery bombers and they had a number of Double Bastards left. But it's been a few weeks since I've been over there.

I also checked out the Majestic liquor off Randol Mill in NE Fort Worth and it had a surprising selection, although not much TX stuff either. I saw a couple sours/flanders, Hopsickle, Brewdog stuff. What is really nice about that store is everything is stored well.

And finally I understand that Ballast Point will be tapped at the Saucer this week, although they said the same thing last week.

Anyway another couple leads for you.

depechemode1983 likes this.
  8. tymcftw

tymcftw Disciple (60) Texas Apr 5, 2011

Last time I was @ CM they had quite a few Petites and some BM Farmhouse, this was a few days ago...

9. BlindSalimander

BlindSalimander Savant (250) Texas Aug 16, 2010

Yeah I've been bugging them. Saw the tap handle last Friday but no beera.

10. H0rnedFr0gs

Same. Going to be pissed if they tap it on Opening Day