1. Don't miss our 7th annual American Craft Beer Fest featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers this May 30 & 31 in Boston, MA! Buy your tickets now!
  2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Trip to Nashville

Discussion in 'US - South' started by dujayhawk, Jul 22, 2012.

1. dujayhawk

dujayhawk Member

Hey all, I will be heading to Nashville here in a week to visit some family and was wondering where to go out for a beer and what liquor stores have a good selection. Also, what breweries are prevalent in the area?
  2. garjc

garjc Member

Nashville has a few of good breweries: Blackstone, Jackalope, and Yazoo. As far as a liquor store goes, TN segregates high gravity and low gravity beer sales. High grav (defined as 6.3% or up) can only be found in liquor stores- I would suggest Frugal MacDoogal's, Green Hills, J. Barleycorn's, or Midtown Wine and Spirits. Decent low-gravity stuff can be found in most grocery stores.

This link should be helpful: http://beeradvocate.com/beerfly/city/68
  3. DaveLikesAle

DaveLikesAle Member

Yazoo is a great local brewery. Not sure if they still make it, but Sue is an amazing smoked porter.
  4. sommersb

sommersb Member

They still make SUE, yes. I saw where they are going to put it in 750ml bottles now. Not sure if they'll still make the 12oz. version or not
  5. TheGordianKnot

TheGordianKnot Member

Thats interesting, where did you hear that?

If it cuts the price in half and I can get Sue for $3.50-4 a 750 then I'd be ok with that, but I'm assuming that won't the case...
  6. sommersb

sommersb Member

I saw some tweets about it: https://twitpic.com/ac1uhk
  7. sommersb

sommersb Member

4.99 for a 750 at Midtown:
    http://hosted-p0.vresp.com/205207/6e5e2d41e1/ARCHIVE
  8. GameFreac

GameFreac Member

Well that sucks...was gonna pick up a 4 pack for a friend when I got back and 1 for me too.
  9. GameFreac

GameFreac Member

Hi Ryan,

Yes, we have swapped the Sue over to all big bottles. Grab a few bottles instead of the 4 pack!! We appreciate your support of Yazoo Brews!

Cheers,
    Brandi Soda
    Taproom Manager & Event Coordinator
    Yazoo Brewing Company
    Nashville, TN 37203
    615-497-2233

LAME
  10. jbrana

jbrana Member

I support their decision to move toward bombers. Sue was ridiculously cheap considering what it was as a 4pk, and now is still very affordable as a bomber. With that said, I've still seen tonnnnnns of four packs on shelves around town. I'm sure you'll be able to snag them for a while yet.
  11. sommersb

sommersb Member

They're bottling Sue in 750ml bottles, not bombers (which are 22 ounces). Same form factor as Fortuitous
  12. jbrana

jbrana Member

Right... I've always heard both 750ml and 22oz bottles refered to as bombers.
  13. GameFreac

GameFreac Member

The problem is...Sue is 9%. Sometimes I like to drink 1 beer at a time. I could buy a 4 pack and it would last me 4 days. Now 1 750ml will last me 1 day and I'll probably get drunk if I don't have anyone to share it with. Don't always wanna get drunk either.
  14. phlaptaylor

phlaptaylor Member

Aww, cum on...:)
  15. phlaptaylor

phlaptaylor Member

Oh, and you can get growler refills (64 oz.) at Froogal McDogals liquer store on the beer side. and yes, they have empty growlers for sale, too. (In case you didn't bring a growler :) )
  16. Volntitan

Volntitan Member

If you can, make the drive to Williamson county and cool springs brewery. Best brewpub in middle tn, IMO.
  17. TheBishopco

TheBishopco Member

Reds in belle meade might be worth a visit too. They had an impressive imports section as compared to many of the othe shops, if memory serves me right.