Trip to Paris

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Summer78, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Summer78

Summer78 Savant (330) Illinois Jan 18, 2013

I'm going to Paris for a few days and Reims for two in Paris. I was hoping some people might some suggestions of breweries and beers to check out while I'm over there. Thanks!

2. ChanChan

ChanChan Advocate (575) California Dec 12, 2009

I wish you good luck on finding great ales dude! What I would suggest is take a couple of bottles of BCBS and enjoy those with some fancy french cuisine!! If I ever get to visit Paris I am gonna search for great ales but I will also try and take a couple of epic bottles to enjoy there!!

3. crusian

crusian Advocate (620) Oregon May 14, 2010

Cave Bulles.
    as far as I know there are no breweries, but a few good places to get beer, like the one listed above. hit up the places link to see the others.

4. Just had an excellent introduction to a place serving (almost) only French micros, called Super Coin in the 18th arrondissement (but well connected via multiple metro lines). http://supercoin.net/ ... Not seeing it listed on this site, I'll see if I can get an entry made, although I didn't take good enough notes for a proper review.

5. Summer78

Thanks for the great suggestions everyone. I will definitely visit the places you guys mentioned. And I also plan on taking a few bottles of great brew there also to make some new friends! I'll report back after the trip

6. Farnswurth

Farnswurth Savant (375) Illinois Sep 9, 2012

La Cave à Bulles is great. Huge selection of from French and Belgian breweries as well as some other imports. Simon, who owns the place, is extremel knowledgeable, speaks great english and is super nice. They have had plenty of beers I would have never expected to see; Full Cantillon selection, Westy 12 packs.
    If you plan on going there you might want to contact him before you leave and see if there is anything you could trade.

There is also a bar called La Fine Mousse that is supposed to be great. Haven't been there yet (hopefully next weekend) but they have 14 taps and a large selection of bottles.

7. Summer78

8. Brewberry had a pretty good vibe when I was there last April.

9. Kronenbourg 1664 ;)

10. You really need to go out of your way to find good beer, but it is there somwhere, it's a good job I also like wine.
    Avoid Kronenbourg and 1664 at all costs, it's offensive to your mouth.

11. mborden

mborden Savant (420) New York Jan 28, 2009

12. Cambrinus

Cambrinus Disciple (50) France Mar 1, 2013

Hi there ! I am french and indeed there are some very good adress in Paris. As it was said: "Super Coin", "Brewberry" , 'La Cave à Bulle" are the top 3 where you can find Fou'foune on tap... You will not find good brewery near form Paris nor from Reims (but well crafted champagne).

If you want to share a glass in Paris. Contact me !
    Have a good time !

13. pixieskid

pixieskid Advocate (660) Germany Jun 4, 2009

To the OP, have already come and gone to Paris?

If not, hit me up. I work at La Cave a Bulles and am always happy to help a fellow BA get what they're after in regards to beer in Paris.

14. noting this thread for my future trip

15. Summer78

Definitely hit up la cave a boulles. I would also go out of your way to go to la fine mousse. Both places had great people and beer

16. la fine mousse is right near a lot of places i want to eat, that one for sure will be gone to

17. Summer78

Try to get a reservation at bones. It was one of the best meals we had there. Fairly close to la fine mousse also. We also had a great meal at au passage