1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Troegs Nugget Nectar 2013

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by Whimpers, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Whimpers

Whimpers Savant (495) New York Dec 17, 2010

Troegs is saying they made more this year and that it was released today in central PA! Seems much earlier than last year, a welcome surprise.

Tröegs Brewing CompanyTröegs Brewery will supply Nugget Nectar into our markets so it is available on the tentative street dates below. Wholesalers ultimately decide release dates, and the brewery cannot control the exact release. Also, please note that it can take a week to get beer into all wholesalers in any given market.

TENTATIVE STREET DATE: 1/14/13
    SOUTH CENTRAL PA (Harrisburg/York/Lancaster Metro Areas)

TENTATIVE STREET DATE: 1/21/13
    PHILADELPHIA (5 COUNTIES)
    LEHIGH VALLEY

TENTATIVE STREET DATE: 1/28/13
    NORTHEN & CENTRAL PA
    NEW JERSEY
    DELAWARE
    MASSACHUSETTS

TENTATIVE STREET DATE: 2/4/13
    WESTERN PA
    OHIO
    NEW YORK CITY
    CENTRAL & WESTERN NEW YORK
    VIRGINIA

TENTATIVE STREET DATE: 2/11-18/13
    MARYLAND

1up, MrKsBeer, JDizzle and 4 others like this.
  2. This is crazy! It is supposed to be a Feb. beer. With all the good January releases, drinking this fresh may be an issue.

3. Actually, I'm relieved to see a 2/4/13 street date for NYS. I have too much other beer now and I need to drink it before the NN arrives.

4. cjoc83

cjoc83 Savant (470) Pennsylvania Jul 31, 2010

This is freaking fantastic news! And as someone who lives in the Philly area, I can't wait to get my hands on some. It has been far too long since I've had some of that glorious Nectar. And it seems to me that earlier and earlier releases for beers are becoming the norm now...I mean, we had pumpkin beers coming out in August, for Pete's sake!

5. tectactoe

tectactoe Champion (760) Michigan Mar 20, 2012

Is this stuff typically hard to find once it's released? I may make the 50 minute drive to Toledo to pick some up, but not if it most likely won't be on shelves once it comes out...

6. jbdpsu82

jbdpsu82 Savant (420) Pennsylvania Aug 28, 2012

Just got back from grabbing a case at the Troegs Brewery! No pounders available yet. It will be on draft during the first two weeks of February.

I'm not sure about you guys... but I'll be enjoying a couple of these tonight!

7. This better make it to my local store I'll be drinking this and sucks every night till it is all gone.

SoggyCoasters likes this.
  8. CircusBoy

CircusBoy Savant (320) Ohio Mar 10, 2008

No problem getting plenty in Toledo. I usually get a couple cases every year.

9. xanok

xanok Savant (415) Connecticut Aug 13, 2009

Meh. I'll probably pass. I heard it's not as hoppy as last year's.

ditch and hctap00 like this.
  10. bentonquest

bentonquest Savant (250) New York Jan 19, 2012

No, last year's was awful. This year's has to be better.

MeadGuyfromMD likes this.
  11. There was some variation between the batches that came out, but for the most part it was great. I had bought at least 8-10 six packs.

GeoffreyM likes this.
  12. bentonquest

bentonquest Savant (250) New York Jan 19, 2012

Sorry, it was sarcasm. I just remember all the threads last year about how terrible it was, underhopped or whatever. I thought it was great and drank through a sixtel myself. I'm anxiously awaiting its arrival in Upstate NY, it is one of my favorite seasonals.

13. ;) works for me. I moved to the city and the small store I go to has at least 2-3 offerings of troegs...I have been picking up perpetual since I moved, so hopefully they have NN. I will have to ask when I go pick up sucks this week.

14. hctap00

hctap00 Aficionado (195) Maryland Nov 2, 2012

Seems kind of silly that it will take a month to get NN an hour down I-83 to Baltimore County. Looks like I may be driving north.

15. JAXSON

JAXSON Savant (465) Pennsylvania Dec 15, 2005

I was surprised at last years initial batch -- lots of biscuit malt, not a hop bomb by any means. I wanted a little more aggressive hopping, but it was still nice.

Anyone tried this year's yet? I will open at least one tonight.

16. Super Bowl beer!!!

17. Not silly at all. The rollout dates are staggered because they are getting fresh product to each market as it is brewed, finished and packaged. There isn't just one batch of NN, so the further markets have to wait, as the home markets get preferential treatment.

hctap00 likes this.
  18. RichD

RichD Advocate (715) Rhode Island Mar 18, 2012

I hope I'll be able to find this in Massachusetts because Rhode Island doesn't get Troegs. Anyone know how the availability in Mass usually is?

19. hctap00

hctap00 Aficionado (195) Maryland Nov 2, 2012

Good to hear. Thanks for the clarification.

20. bleakies

bleakies Savant (415) Massachusetts Apr 11, 2011

It was easy enough to get in Boston last year.

And I don't expend much effort getting beer -- I don't trade or travel for beer -- so when I say easy I mean mainstream easy rather than beer-trader easy.

RichD likes this.
  21. Cases of Hopslam, Sucks, and NN all in my fridge at the same time?! So much for those projects around the house!

Knapp85, ditch, CWinchell and 6 others like this.
  22. RichD

RichD Advocate (715) Rhode Island Mar 18, 2012

Thanks, hopefully I can find some around the RI line. I don't feel like driving up to Boston on a hunch that it may be there.

23. Brewsky29

Brewsky29 Savant (260) Pennsylvania Oct 29, 2011

Hell Yea!!

csbinva likes this.
  24. Sarcasm was duly noted, sir...At least that's how I took it.

25. I wish they would make this year round!

cjoc83 likes this.
  26. BB1313

BB1313 Champion (805) Ohio Jul 16, 2009

They usually brew more than enough for everyone, so everyone should be able to get some. I've always put NN in the IPA/DIPA category, fwiw..

27. We were not expecting our brands to be purchased by a new wholesaler network for the state of Maryland on the last day of 2012. We determined it made more sense to "let the dust settle" on the deal before shipping into the market. Typically, MD would be in line to get it around the same time as Philly, but we made a decision to best serve the market.

Thanks for your concern.

The Mgmt. :)

fmccormi likes this.
  28. won't happen. we love this beer as a seasonal.

fmccormi likes this.
  29. Keep it fresh, and I'm impressed. Deliver it stale, and well, I have no problem saying good bye. BTW, I'm not expecting any stale deliveries, but I'm not impressed by the sloppy seconds. Can't please everyone! ;)

30. Well I would love it year round, ' cause I'm selfish like that! :p;)

31. JAXSON

JAXSON Savant (465) Pennsylvania Dec 15, 2005

I suppose I'll just answer my own question now that I've had a few. The 2013 is way more hop forward than the 2012 with less of that toasted grain. I enjoy the 2013 more, it's really good, like 4.1 level for me which is great for a readily available IPA.

32. This year's is better than last.

33. MrKsBeer

MrKsBeer Initiate (0) Massachusetts Mar 31, 2009

Was is the '09 or '10 that tasted like heady piney outdoor pot smell liquified? THAT was heaven in a bottle.

34. tectactoe

tectactoe Champion (760) Michigan Mar 20, 2012

Great! Now I just have to keep an eye/ear out for when it will get to the store I usually hit up just over the Mich-Ohio border, haha.

35. xnicknj

xnicknj Advocate (730) Pennsylvania May 25, 2009

glad to hear this - i was a little bummed with last year's batch, although it didnt stop me from drinking the majority of a case anyways.

36. Got two six packs at my feet under my desk in my office at work after splitting a case with a co-worker... I typically buy a case, but need to leave some room for Hopslam and Ruthelss Rye...

37. Stykes

Stykes Zealot (90) Pennsylvania Nov 13, 2007

Heading to Capones in Norristown, PA to pick up my first 6 pack. was not out in Wegmans yet in Collegeville, PA.

38. Cubatobaco

Cubatobaco Advocate (650) Virginia Jan 27, 2013

I'll be looking for this at Total Wine here in VA next week.

39. Stahting tomorrow I'll be looking every day to get some in the greatest Boston area. Yes, the greatest.

40. I wouldn't get your hopes up. In past years and recent history we're lucky to see things within a month after targeted street date...