1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Troegs Nugget Nectar 2013

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by Whimpers, Jan 14, 2013.

1. irs

irs Aficionado (170) New Jersey Jun 10, 2010

Just got my first 12. AWESOME!
  2. surge1311

surge1311 Savant (280) Rhode Island Oct 10, 2012

Doesnt usually last long but it will be in mass stores for a week or so. Some of the smaller stores it lingers around a bit so might be better to find of those. It flies out of yankee spirits in attleboro but swansea yankee spirits it will last a little longer. You shouldnt have a problem.
  3. NYRfan4ever

NYRfan4ever Savant (250) New Jersey Oct 30, 2009

Can't wait for this to arrive next week in NJ. Definitely my favorite Troegs brew.
    SoggyCoasters and claspada like this.
  4. 1/22/13 Link beverage Coopersburg, PA....Got mine fresh off the fork lift
  5. ThirstyFace

ThirstyFace Initiate (0) New York Jan 11, 2013

Buying less NN to save room for Ruthless is just crazy.
    fmccormi and claspada like this.
  6. That describes the '09 pretty well.
  7. brian44556

brian44556 Savant (265) Kentucky Aug 29, 2009

I plan on heading to Fairfield, OH Saturday, Feb 2nd to try and scoop a case. Any sightings of this in OH yet?
  8. njhopspop

njhopspop Savant (335) New Jersey Oct 17, 2010

If they are making more this year then there will be plenty to go around. After the initial release last year in NJ it was easily attainable. By mid to late Feb cases were sitting out on the floor at the Wegmans.
  9. It's a good beer, but I'd never waste money on an entire case, there's just too many other good brews out there! I get one sixer every year and that's it
    jbertsch, rvajohn and AlcahueteJ like this.
  10. ThatCracker

ThatCracker Savant (350) Virginia Nov 20, 2012

50 cases hitting Richmond on Wednesday. Loading up on the Palate Wrecker but a couple of these will be had on Sunday. GO NINERS!
  11. Justin_Neff

Justin_Neff Savant (255) Ohio Jun 21, 2012

I was told by the beer buyer at Jungle Jim's on Sunday that he was expecting this "around the first week of February". Looking forward to it.
  12. HopFace

HopFace Savant (350) Pennsylvania Feb 29, 2012

To each his own. I got a whole case that was bottled last week and should have no problem finishing it. It's delicious.

Also, I live in PA and our laws blow.
  13. Any DE sightings? I'm flying back home on the 1st for five days and would love to score some.
  14. Great. More for the rest of us. People in your area may want to know if there are any other seasonal beers you only get one sixer of every year so perhaps they don't have to follow the truck.
    skinsfan likes this.
  15. artt313

artt313 Aspirant (35) Jan 19, 2013

Just got a case Langhorne PA - Golden Beverage 44.99/case - AWESOME
  16. Just called my regular case store in Western PA at lunch and they said they got 5 cases, limited one per person. Calling again after work to see if they still have.
  17. I've yet to meet someone that crazy, I couldn't imagine anyone doing that. It's insane to follow a beer truck.
  18. EnronCFO

EnronCFO Savant (480) Massachusetts Mar 29, 2007

Word is NN arrives in Mass. next week. Pissed I'm not going to have it for the Super Bowl. Wanted a full on hops explosion between Nugget Nectar, Lagunitas Sucks, and Smutty IPA to go along with my buffalo wings. Oh well, 2 out of 3 ain't bad.
  19. I just poured my first bottle of the year and smelled it, and I automatically said "oh boy!"
    LMT and skinsfan like this.
  20. ThatCracker

ThatCracker Savant (350) Virginia Nov 20, 2012

bottled last thu - sitting in my glass very nicely!
  21. CreightonSM

CreightonSM Savant (295) New York Dec 23, 2010

2/05/13 I was told it should be on shelves in NJ. I hope that's correct, I'm thirsty...
  22. It may be released earlier, estimated due date for western PA was 2-4 and it just hit the shelves today.
  23. A great flavor that sticks with you forever!
  24. did not make it to my local in Mass today. Bastards
  25. DRisel

DRisel Zealot (80) Pennsylvania Jan 1, 2009

Just got a case at B&B in doylestown. Tastes awesome and fresh! I think it's better than last years.
  26. skinsfan

skinsfan Advocate (600) Maryland May 24, 2005

Played it cautious, only picked up a 6 pack to start off this year. Had my first one tonight, bottled 1-24-13, and needless to say I will be going back to get more. Based on this batch (or at least the bottle I tried tonight) Nugget Nectar is back in my mind!
    ThatCracker likes this.
  27. Fairfield Liquors in Newark, DE has nn in stock for about 13.50, and the limit is one six pack per customer. In my opinion it's plenty hoppy and delicious, and it made up for the fact that
    I was not able to score any Hopslam in SE PA this year.
  28. rvajohn

rvajohn Aficionado (245) Virginia Nov 22, 2012

Just opened one bottled on 01/24/13. Fantastic.
  29. Cubatobaco

Cubatobaco Advocate (595) Virginia Jan 27, 2013

Picked up a 6 pack yesterday at Total Wine along with a 6 pack of Hop Slam. Heading back Monday for round 2.
  30. I'm in Pittsburgh on the shadyside/squirrel area and got an email Tuesday night that my local dist. would be getting a few cases. Should up Wednesday afternoon and got the 2nd to last one.....so I'm not sure how long it lasted around here :(
  31. Picked up a 6-pack yesterday. Bottled on Jan 25; tasted on Feb 2. Wow. Immediately moved to near the top of my list of favorites.
  32. Since Troegs is distributed state-wide by Hunterdon, it will depend on what day of the week a retailer receives their Hunterdon delivery. Hunterdon says only that it will be "released the week of February 4th" on their site.
  33. Blueribbon666

Blueribbon666 Savant (490) Ohio Jul 4, 2008

I'm sensing a trend with all seasonals among most brewers...look @ how seasonals rolled out last year, most of them were easily a month BEFORE the actual season intended. I have no problem with it honestly, but it does throw me off when I see these things a month ahead of time. I'm thinking a lot of this has to do with distribution to wholesalers & the brewers not having total control over when the wholesaler actually gets it to the stores.
    VitoFerrante likes this.
  34. I'm curious as to what your avatar is a picture of?
  35. It is almost to the point where you can go from one high quality seasonal to the other, especially in PA and Ohio. I almost don't buy the staple beers anymore because the seasonals are out there and high quality.
  36. kdb150

kdb150 Savant (490) Pennsylvania Mar 8, 2012

I thoroughly disliked this beer last year. Glad to hear it's different, the lone bottle in my fridge just became much more intriguing to me.
  37. fredmugs

fredmugs Champion (820) Indiana Aug 11, 2012

Having bought way too much beer last year I'm hoping to employ a similar strategy this year.
  38. Blueribbon666

Blueribbon666 Savant (490) Ohio Jul 4, 2008

Being from Ohio I totally agree...and it's not like the staple beers are slouches by any stretch but c'mon I'm buying Blackout Stout before Eddy Fitz every time...speaking of which Blackout came and went like a fart in the wind this year I bought the one 4 pack I saw and it's been M I A ever since. Now I really regret sharing it this year...
  39. waddellc2

waddellc2 Savant (375) Pennsylvania Aug 23, 2012

what is the shelf life of NN? I scoope dup 4 cases. But am saving 2 for september for a special occasion
  40. Giant Eagle out here has tons of it. $10 for the 4-pack. I was surprised to still see it.