1. Rating beers by attributes (look, smell, taste, feel, overall) is back! Read the latest update ...
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Trois Dames L'Amoureuse No. 2 Rouge

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by Nutwood, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Nutwood

Nutwood Savant (405) Kentucky Jun 30, 2012

Had a couple of these on Friday and it was so good I went back for another yesterday. I think I might be in love. I for sure have a beer crush. I can't find much about this beer anywhere on the web, and it was not included in the beer listings here. It's not even on the Brasserie Trois Dames site that I can see.

I'm a bit of a novice at sours/lambic and the like, and certainly the newness of the style to me colors my judgement, but man, this was a pleasing brew. My mouth waters - literally - just thinking about it. The label notes "raisins de pinot noir", so it's either aged in a wine barrel, or is brewed with grapes (both?). There was a distinguishable woddy note, so I'm thinking barrel.

Just wondering if anyone else here has tried it. I had it at a Mellow Mushroom. I haven't had a chance to see if it's in the stores. I'll see if I can get a pic up later.

2. chuckycheese

chuckycheese Aficionado (170) Maine Feb 18, 2010

Agreed, it's a real nice beer.

3. Nutwood

Nutwood Savant (405) Kentucky Jun 30, 2012

woody. I have no idea what woddy is but it doesn't sound very appetizing.

4. I'll be on the lookout for this one. The regular No. 2 is really tasty.