1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Twin Cities BAs - Valley Tap House any good?

Discussion in 'US - Midwest' started by BottleCaps80, Mar 26, 2013.

1. BottleCaps80

BottleCaps80 Advocate (625) Iowa Jan 12, 2013

Any Twin Cities BAs ever been to the Valley Tap House in Apple Valley? Going to be staying near there in a few weeks and wonder if anybody knows if they have decent taps? Didn't see a list on their website at all.

2. Douggo

Douggo Savant (270) Minnesota Oct 24, 2009

Pretty decent. Great, if you consider it's the south metro suburbs, and you're not an Old Chicago (also nearby) guy. Not the largest list in the metro, but there are always a few "out there" selections. And the lunch/happy hour deals are good, too. Some taps are $3 during those times, some I think are $1 off, with no real rhyme or reason. I like to go have a $5.95 pizza and two Brooklyn Monster barleywines at $3 each. Pretty low-cost lunch.

3. BottleCaps80

Thanks! Will probably definitely check it out then, since it's so close. Of course would love to hit up a joint like the Happy Gnome or a local taproom if we have time too, but this is just super convenient.

4. jera1350

jera1350 Advocate (740) Minnesota Dec 15, 2007

Solid tap lineup, awesome happy hour deals on beer and food.

Best in the area for sure. Visit Blue Max (I think you already said you were in another thread) and check out Apple Valley Liquors too. They have a great selection and often have some things hang around after they sell out at Blue Max. Their stores are very close to The Valley Tap House.

pmccallum86 and BottleCaps80 like this.
  5. maximum12

maximum12 Champion (755) Minnesota Jan 21, 2008

And I know you didn't ask, but the food is damn good. ESPECIALLY for the south metro.

6. What he said. When I lived in the south metro I frequented here quite often.

7. BottleCaps80

Good to know the food is good too. May hit it up when I roll into town that Friday evening! Thanks!