1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Two Brothers 15 Beers for 15 Years

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by 2BDChicago, May 2, 2012.

1. RTrain12

RTrain12 Savant (400) Illinois Feb 6, 2010

That piece of shit sold out quick! ;)
  2. dvelcich

dvelcich Savant (330) Illinois Feb 6, 2008

I just drank one. It's a quality brew, but nothing exceedingly special. Smooth for 68% though.
  3. RTrain12

RTrain12 Savant (400) Illinois Feb 6, 2010

Yeah, not a bad beer. I enjoyed it.
  4. It might not have been released. Sometimes the distributor holds onto stuff a tad longer than Chicago does.
  5. I had the pillar, I also have one in the cellar. how long should I keep this, or should I enjoy the second now.
  6. Drink one of each, save one of each and enjoy all 15 bottles at once when all are released. A lot of them probably won't be great for aging but it will be an interesting experience nonetheless.
    bonemuse07 likes this.
  7. Two Bros website updated on 6/5 and stated that #5 of 15 beers in 15 years coming in a week or so. Hint on site about the brew was: "This one brewed just once in 2005." Don't know my Ywo Brothers history well enough to have a guess on what this brew is.
  8. Judging from the archived beers for Two Bros and looking at beers that were last reviewed '06 (or '07, assuming bottles), but not before 2005 and excluding Bare Tree Vintages, it would likely be Paradise RIS - one tap review from early Jan 2006, which would mean it was brewed in 2005.

OR it's something that was brewed back then but never reviewed on BA.
  9. spookytwo

spookytwo Zealot (90) Illinois Jun 6, 2009

I've heard it's a scotch ale.
    http:/
    /beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/689/34756
  10. Vav

Vav Savant (485) Illinois Jul 27, 2008

Correct, next one is the high grav Scotch ale, should hit next week or thereabouts.
  11. Anyone know if there are any bottles of the #3 Dark Mild still floating around? Most places that I have gone to here in NWI only have #1 and #4
  12. trbergman

trbergman Savant (405) Illinois Nov 17, 2006

Still have a few bottles at Binny's Highland Park.
  13. Thanks for the heads up!
  14. eorwar

eorwar Savant (285) Illinois Jan 11, 2012

Also at Mainstreet in Countryside as of this afternoon...
  15. EROCK75

EROCK75 Savant (340) Illinois Aug 5, 2009

Anyone seen #4 Pillar of Salt in the Rockford area? I have the first 3 and have gotten Hop Juice in the area but never have seen #4.
  16. You might try calling Two Brothers Roundhouse, they seem to be carrying more bottles in their "gift" shop.
  17. Nachos4two

Nachos4two Advocate (545) Illinois Nov 26, 2011

i know the taphouse did not have any on saturday
  18. gpawned

gpawned Initiate (0) Illinois Jun 5, 2012

Pillar of Salt hasn't been too hard to find in the Chicago area but I bet the supply is getting fairly low. I may have an extra bottle, let me know if you want to trade.
  19. BFro

BFro Aficionado (235) Illinois Feb 1, 2012

Was just at the Roundhouse over the weekend. Plenty of D&M and Pillar. See it pretty regularly at the shop. Know it doesn't help you out of towners, but should be plenty easy to trade for. I'm already working on a current trade this month, or else i would volunteer.
  20. askewsour

askewsour Aspirant (45) Illinois Jun 30, 2011

Two bros website reported that as being a typo, the beer is only 6.8% not 68
  21. askewsour

I've seen all 4 beers all at once still sitting on shelves, a hint to all people looking for them is to go to places you would never think to check. I found them at Berkots in New Lenox and Mokena, a Family owned Grocery store in Warrenville, Walts in both Tinley Park and Frankfort.
  22. Binnys South Loop had them all today.. they are still around en masse.
  23. Two Bros tweet says #5 coming July 2nd.
  24. askewsour

#5 is called
    Take Two, a hybrid beer. Brewed using two sources of water, two barley types, two hop varieties, an ale yeast and a lager yeast.
  25. Via Facebook:

"#5 in the 15th anniversary series is Take Two, a hybrid beer. Brewed using two sources of water, two barley types, two hop varieties, an ale yeast and a lager yeast.

Take Two will be released to the market July 2nd, stay tuned for events and more release dates for the remaining ten beers..."
  26. I am not sure if this is common knowledge or not, but Take Two (beer #5) is out and on shelves today. I picked up a couple when I got my Frangelic Mountain Brown.

**Edit**
    Just noticed it was released yesterday, but still wanted to make it known
  27. gpawned

I'll confirm that as well.
  28. Add a four-pack of Devil Dancer and you would have a hat-trick. Nice score.
  29. gpawned

Tried Take Two last night. Pretty unremarkable beer. By far the weakest link of the 5 thus far. Had a hard time finding someone willing to finish it at a party with near 20 people.
  30. Orchids

Orchids Aficionado (210) Illinois Feb 7, 2010

[​IMG]
    aefbjo likes this.
  31. stevegoz

stevegoz Savant (320) Illinois May 5, 2008

#6 has been announced on FB....
  32. aefbjo

aefbjo Savant (275) Bahamas Jun 8, 2005

Picked up a #5, at the price they've been hitting it's not that big of a gamble. Not much description on the bottle, I hope it's good for a hot day.
  33. aefbjo

aefbjo Savant (275) Bahamas Jun 8, 2005

Eh I'm going to say meh. Pretty much meh, #5.
  34. Update time!

#6 just hit the shelves today in many places. Old 1713 Scotch Ale. Big caramel malt mouth feel and a hefty amount of hops and alcohol. Limited production.

#7 available July 16th. Brown Fox. Made with 8 malts and 3 hops, complex dark beer, but light in body and low in alcohol.
  35. Saw a scotch ale one today in bloomigdale
  36. I've got 1-5, but haven't seen the Old Scotch yet. Anyone see it in the city?
  37. It's at Binny's on Grand for sure.
  38. #7 Brown Fox is on shelves
  39. stevegoz

stevegoz Savant (320) Illinois May 5, 2008

Apparently while we were sleeping #8, Incinerator Blonde Doppelbock, came out. And #9, a Black Saison Ale called Philosopher's Stone, drops next week.
  40. Maybe they one of these beers will finally be worthy of a special release. The only one I cared for at all was Red Eye. Don't care much for Dopplebocks but I will of course try it. I really hope that Philosopher's Stone turns out well