1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Two Brothers 15 Beers for 15 Years

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by 2BDChicago, May 2, 2012.

1. Chrixsus

Chrixsus Savant (325) Illinois Dec 13, 2011

I'll close with some words from the immortal Walter Sobchak:

"HAS THE WHOLE WORLD GONE CRAZY?! AM I THE ONLY ONE HERE WHO GIVES A SHIT ABOUT THE RULES?! MARK IT ZERO!"

2. stevegoz

stevegoz Savant (320) Illinois May 5, 2008

Has anyone seen a release date for the last of the 15?

3. Chrixsus

Chrixsus Savant (325) Illinois Dec 13, 2011

They released #15 last week: Revelry (Imperial Red Ale/ABV 9.5%).

I know it's on tap at the Roundhouse in Aurora and they have it in 6-packs at 20 West Wine in Lombard for $15.

4. stevegoz

Thanks -- I knew Revelry was #15; didn't know they were doing 6 packs. Looks like some Binny's locations have it as well.

5. Nachos4two

Nachos4two Advocate (545) Illinois Nov 26, 2011

So whats the consensus on #14 the beer/mead combo style bregot?

6. stevegoz

It's kind of odd that the Revelry label doesn't carry the "15 beers for 15 years" tagline.

7. Nachos4two

Nachos4two Advocate (545) Illinois Nov 26, 2011

I thought it was odd and only of the 15 in 6'ers

8. saemick

saemick Aficionado (205) Illinois Jan 16, 2010

I was a little surprised myself. I was fully expecting another bomber as the previous 14 were... oh well.

9. stevegoz

I've been working my way through a few of the 15 over the past week. Unfortunately, two of the ones that I enjoyed most when fresh went downhill in very different ways, quite possibly due to my dumbness.

The Bonfire Dunkel Weiss that I opened Saturday night soured horribly and ended up as a drain pour. And the Pillar of Salt white rye that I opened last night was hypercarbonated like no beer I've ever opened -- geysered all over the basement floor, and each attempt to pour it once it settled down a bit resulted in a glass that was three-quarters foam no matter how gently I poured. (Still tasted pretty good, though.)

Both of these beers spent about a month in the garage this summer during the insane Midwest heat wave. Did each of them spoil in their own way due to the heat? (Both also were still a bit sticky from the Hop Juice Black that exploded in the garage while we were on vacation.)

10. I do not know why I completed this series. I hated it halfway through, but I already had the bottles set aside for an "epic" 15 beers tasting. Now I have 1 of each left and no clue what to do with them...

11. gpawned

gpawned Initiate (0) Illinois Jun 5, 2012

I know what you mean but now I have them all except 14 and I just can't bring myself to do the tasting without it...but they go downhill everyday. Anyone here tried the Braggot or have an extra?

12. saemick

I actually had the flight of all 15 as part of my NYE party. To be honest, I was pretty disappointed. Don't get me wrong, it's not like I was expecting these to all be phenomenal, but very few were actually ones I'd go out and pay for again...even at $6-$8 a bomber.

After all this time it took hitting up liquor stores to get all 15 upon release & saving them for a tasting, i can't help but feel let down by 2 Brothers. More and more it seems that 2 Brothers just isn't producing the kind of quality beers that others (Pipeworks, Revolution, etc..) have been producing.

Maybe I'm giving undue criticism, maybe it's because I was expecting more from this 15 for 15 series...I dunno

13. stevegoz

At least they saved the best for last?

14. saemick

true, Revelry was delicious... but I still don't have a clue why that was the only one in a 6 pack...and wasn't even labeled as actually being part of the 15 for 15

dvelcich likes this.
  15. stevegoz

It's kinda like Fight Club.

dvelcich likes this.