1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

TX Label Approvals

Discussion in 'US - Southwest' started by Lutter, Jun 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pwsoldier

pwsoldier Advocate (540) Texas Apr 26, 2007

Stone Mint Chocolate and Sixpoint Autumnation are now posted on the TABC website, approval date 10/18.
  2. thirdeye11

thirdeye11 Savant (445) Texas Feb 3, 2009

Well the "Ballast Point flow" was due to a relationship they had with Andrews Distributing, and Andrews primary market is DFW. With Firestone Walker's Facebook page initially saying DFW only, then later the same day updated to reflect both Austin and Dallas, but then Matt Brynildson in an earlier interview saying DFW only at first, there seems to be a lot of inconsistency. It would seem that the "latest" message directly from the brewery is DFW and Austin.

Beerpulse reported Dallas at first, and then updated his story later in the evening to include Austin as well after speaking to Firestone Walker, so who knows what the real story is.
    H0rnedFr0gs likes this.
  3. H0rnedFr0gs

H0rnedFr0gs Savant (425) Texas Mar 12, 2012

Either way Firestone Walker is a win for Texas. We need to continue to pressure these new arrivals into helping us reform the TABC system from within. Sadly they (TABC) will see this as the system working (a system where out of state brewers have a market advantage to local, homegrown business).

Love FW's beer, but it irks me that they said our market it "ripe for the picking" (regardless is thats an actual quote). I'd rather see Freetail and Karbach in my beer store than another national brand that will dominate space.

An arguement can be made that their is space for both, but my wallet disagrees with you. An additional arguement can be made that if BMC didn't take up tons of space with crap offerings (You hearing me Lime-a-Rita???) that we would have plenty of space for all the best craft; local, domestic, and international.

For those keeping score on my post that went. Win-Lose-Win-Lose-Lose $'s-Lose Lime-a-Rita-WIN!!!
  4. jbeezification

jbeezification Savant (405) Texas Jun 6, 2012

Merry Mischief cases on the floor at Shell on 528

Also Narwhal, if anybody really cares about that.
  5. kmello69

kmello69 Advocate (505) Texas Nov 27, 2011

Let me guess that Austin is going to get screwed, again, on Sam Adams distribution and not see Merry Mischief. So frustrating. :mad:
  6. Texas_Speed

Texas_Speed Savant (325) Texas Aug 22, 2012

Of course there is. Going to have to see if my wife can swing by and pick me up some. I won't be able to buy any beer until Friday at the earliest.
  7. pwsoldier

Left Hand Warrior IPA (fresh hop) and Real Ale Coffee Porter just arrived at my store. We also got one more case of Brown Shugga.
  8. lokieman

lokieman Savant (475) Oklahoma Jan 20, 2011

Bear Republic only sending kegs of Racer X this year according to their FB...looks like no bottles for TX. Very disappointed...a long time want of mine
  9. Lutter

Lutter Advocate (650) Texas Jun 30, 2010

Don't worry man, I got da hook up ;) Still got yer Fat Jack BTW.
  10. Lutter

A long-time Label Approved brewery has finally arrived. Shipyard Brewing is now in Austin. I spotted IPA, Monkey Fist IPA, and XXXX IPA at Whole Foods Downtown. Apparently their new strategy after 3-4 years out of our market is to give us lots of IPA! :)
  11. kmello69

Looks like the Austin beerspotting thread got killed again, so in case anyone is looking for any of these, Sunrise just got them all in:

[​IMG]
    gtermi likes this.
  12. kmello69

And South Lamar Wine and Spirits just posted on Fb that they just got the new 10th Anniversary Utopia in. Anyone wanna split a $200 bottle? :confused: (I dont actually know the price they're asking, but guessing)
  13. ya I'd be interested in a price check on Utopias, if someone lives closer to there than me
  14. gtermi

gtermi Champion (750) Texas Apr 21, 2010

Wow I didn't know Hop Trip was in 6-packs. That's awesome
  15. kmello69

I asked on Fb - I'll let you know if they answer
  16. Lutter

Yet Houston's thread is fine.
  17. kmello69

They said "a little over $200" Not sure what kind of price quote that is from a store - you'd assume they know the exact price, but maybe just don't want to say.
    r0nburgundy69 likes this.
  18. TX-Badger

TX-Badger Champion (805) Texas Jun 14, 2012

Spec's Dallas and Total Wine & More both have Utopias priced at $199.99+ tax.
  19. damn I think I'd rather get a case of funk metal
    thirdeye11 and kmello69 like this.
  20. kmello69

You and me both. But I'll be on the lookout for a 2oz pour somewhere
    blatherbeard likes this.
  21. pwsoldier

Merry Mischief has landed in SATX. I got 12 cases this morning. And if anyone's interested we also have Batch 19, a new pre-Prohibition lager from Coors.
    Exiled likes this.
  22. Danielbt

Danielbt Savant (380) Texas May 4, 2012

Same here. Lutter will hook ya up though. ;)
  23. Lutter

Yeah, if anyone needs Fat Jack, send me a PM and we can meet up. I've got like a freakin' Azzy amount because of my girlfriend who visits Corpus twice a month. If Merry Mischief doesn't come out here, I can get that as well. :)
  24. Azzy

Azzy Savant (300) Texas Jul 16, 2012

Oh god...
  25. HopAG

HopAG Savant (475) Texas Sep 22, 2012

SUP BUDDY
  26. HopAG

HopAG Savant (475) Texas Sep 22, 2012

Anyone know when Lucky Bastard and Double Bastard debut? Is it this Friday?!?!?!
  27. pwsoldier

Lukcy Bastard should be hitting retailers in very limited quantities today in Austin and SATX. Not sure about other markets. I don't know when Double Bastard is coming, but it should be soon.
  28. miikezombie

miikezombie Savant (345) Texas Aug 13, 2010

It was pwsoldier's constant pimping. Funny I never saw him mention a shipment from Russian River.

Joking aside this happens every few months. When I 1st joined BA, every major city had at least 2 stores posting new releases. It was great for someone like me that has to travel 3hrs to get most special releases. (Jester King included) Any way back to labels.
    starkmarvelo likes this.
  29. blatherbeard

blatherbeard Savant (420) Texas Sep 30, 2007

I was actually thinking of getting a bottle, thanks for killing my dream again! ;) yeah, 150 was hard to swallow but 200+ is going to be out of my price range, for 1 beer anymore. Mans got to know his limitations.
  30. pwsoldier

No RR, but we have a case of Don Quijote in our aging program.
    jamescain likes this.
  31. bbadger

bbadger Savant (385) Texas May 20, 2011

Aging along with the boulevard 21st anniversary fresh hop that was aged to perfection.
    jamescain likes this.
  32. BgThang

BgThang Savant (435) Texas Dec 23, 2007

maybe someone should start a texas beer page/forum.....hmmmmm...thoughts....
    mattchow likes this.
  33. miikezombie

miikezombie Savant (345) Texas Aug 13, 2010

And most likely still priced too high...
  34. Phoenix2443

Phoenix2443 Savant (335) Texas Jan 20, 2010

Celebration six packs at specs. No signs of lucky bastard. Anyone seen 4 packs of sublimely? Specs apparently is doing all stones sixes and 4 packs for 10
  35. mindswoop

mindswoop Aficionado (220) Texas Dec 22, 2011

There was one bottle of Highway 78 at Rosedale Market in ATX about an hour ago.
  36. Lutter

Did ya check Spec's Brodie? Last time I was there they had SSR, Oaked AB, and Ruination 4-packs in a huge endcap with a sign proclaiming the $9.99 pricing.
  37. ;)
  38. BgThang

done. msg me for the web url. do not wanna get banned from here
  39. jl28r1

jl28r1 Savant (490) Texas Jan 10, 2011

Would that be the trunk of the beer managers car?
    jamescain likes this.
  40. BgThang

Actually I added the url in to my profile. you can find it there. Please come and post all you want about texas releases, prices, places that have new beers, and if your a store and want to post go for it. I dont care.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.