UK Weekend Beerage

Discussion in 'UK & Ireland' started by CwrwAmByth, Nov 10, 2012.

1. Westy blonde, excellent stuff, cheers ruds!

Ruds likes this.
  2. And Elliot Brew whilst contacting every American I know who's gone home for Christmas, and begging them to bring me back US craft beer.

The begging is worth it when you get promised Black Butte

3. Got a bottle of Macadame in the outhouse, will dig that out at some point - probably save for a tasting!

4. Rounding off an excellent afternoon/evenings tasting event with Old Chimneys Good King Henry Special Reserve 2010 Vintage.

CwrwAmByth likes this.
  5. Dennoman

Dennoman Advocate (505) Belgium Aug 20, 2011

If you're after the Black Jack porter at some point, don't bother. It's as piss weak as it was before. Possibly even worse after the aging.

6. I've recently gone off beer in favour of whisky, but there are a few bottles in my fridge I should probably drink tonight. Raging Bitch, for example, and Les Rulles' triple.

Then again I might just stick with the Glenmorangie/Lagavulin.

7. Innis & Gunn 4 bottles of Independence Day 2012 big tastes of the Islay barrels it was aged in
    at £3.85 from B&M's why not have both lol.

Bolstered the beer of NYE with some Barnsley Shut Thi Gob
    well as a northerner can't have a big night in without sum broon

8. Pints of Black Cab Stout, Bengal Lancer IPA, and St. Austell Tribute, while waiting for the train.

Marquis would be proud.

9. Depends how well kept they were and I reckon London prices would finish him off !!!

10. £3.90 a pint wasn't great but The Mad Bishop and Bear is pretty good with cellaring. Always a few degrees above fridge temperature, so good for the pale ales. They get a lot of custom so it's always fresh too. Though if you want something else they have Fullers limited releases in bottle format, but £7.50 a pop for Brewers Reserve #4 and £5.50 for Vintage Ales really makes http://store.fullers.co.uk/Store/Category/35/Product/BOMCVA01PK.aspx and http://store.fullers.co.uk/Store/Category/35/Product/BOMCSR01PK.aspx into real bargains.

11. £5.50 is the going rate for an '09 to '12 vintage in the brewery shop, £6 to £7.50 for the older vintages and the latter for the Brewers Res so they aren't bad prices for a pub tbh, certainly better vfm than £3.90 a pop at the standard 4% cask offerings!

12. That's why I reckoned £32 for 12 would be useful for trading to non-UK people!

13. Time for a beverage for Bevis Little Valley Ale's
    Stoodley Stout to kick off NYE

£2.10 for a 500ml organic bottle conditioned full roast taste bud humping stout WaHey!

14. Barnsley Beer is Rubbish?
    Shut Thi Gob lol!

15. Having you as a friend on facebook and here is giving me deja vu :p

16. But yeah, ushering in the new year with Mein Blondes, Mein Grunes and Meine Hopfenweisse, aka Tap 1, 4, 5

Yum.

EmperorBevis likes this.
  17. sounds good :) Happy New Year to you and Jazzy and anyone else that turns up tonight

18. Just to make you all jealous
    [​IMG]
    :D

EmperorBevis likes this.
  19. The Highlight of tonight Catso
    thank you Urbain Coutteau
    for your fantastic brewery :)
    Really Really good beer

20. Bourbon County!
    He shoots
    he scores
    almost as good as my Hercule Stout :p

21. Actually i'm jealous of your catso. I love saisons and I love Struise, so perfect fit really :p

22. then on Facebook I will introduce you to one of the brother brewers ;)

23. did that work?

24. I don't think so, no notifications at least lol

25. Is that better?
    and why you never use the reply? Is my rep that bad rofl!

26. Slaapmutske Blonde
    poured into the glass my friend Melanie from upstate NY got me :)

27. Sorry :p this better?

EmperorBevis likes this.
  28. not shown my face?

Come on JJ join us fer a drink

29. Durham Bombay 106 IPA. Our lass sez I have to start drinking all these beers I've accumulated as they're taking over the place.
    A Two Roses single hop pale ale of some sort up next.

30. Thornbridge St. Petersburg!
    How I have waited for this moment :)

31. He's probably busy being sociable, it's disgusting.

32. [​IMG]

Is there some sort of trick to pouring in weizen glasses? Some beers are too lively :(

33. Oh my god it's the most refreshing thing ever though... I want more!

34. These people with their "real" lives lmao

35. I know right. Give me sitting alone in my flat drinking any day of the week.

36. I may have nothing
    but
    it is my nothing!

37. Yes, there absolutely is. This works wonders (once you get the hang of it):

Mmm...Hopfen-weisse.

CwrwAmByth likes this.
  38. Cheers! My tap 1 went all flat because of the massive amount of head :(

EmperorBevis likes this.
  39. Happy New Year from the undesirables of Ba o_O

40. The St. Peters was FannyTastic