1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Uncle Jacob's Stout in MN

Discussion in 'US - Midwest' started by laymansbeerfan, May 25, 2012.

1. I don't know if I missed this or not, but any news on if/when this is going to be getting here? Interested in trying this one...

2. tewaris

tewaris Advocate (595) Minnesota Jul 14, 2009

Brewery only I heard, but could be wrong.

It is for real though!

3. It did get limited distro in Colorado for sure. Have not heard anything beyond that, though.

tewaris likes this.
  4. tewaris

You're right and I am not ;)

The reviews mention purchases outside of the brewery.

5. hoeg0015

hoeg0015 Savant (340) Minnesota Jul 15, 2008

It is for real though![/quote]

Are you saying you have some? That you would trade for a SA Triple Bock?

6. tewaris

Are you saying you have some? That you would trade for a SA Triple Bock?[/quote]
    haha, no I don't have any. Andrew shared some last weekend. That one sent me from buzzed to drunk!

7. JeepCop

JeepCop Aficionado (245) Kansas May 16, 2010

If you are into SWEET beer, this is a definite must have!

8. Well it seems intriguing enough, hopefully it makes it to this market. If no, I guess I'll have to make a trek out to CO... or just look for a trade.

9. I think a trade would be a lot cheaper for you than traveling to CO to get a 12 oz bottle of beer.

10. Sorry, didn't put my sarcasm emoticon on there. I'll see what shakes out for the distro, and see what would work via trades...

11. I hear it has got outside CO. Heard it was in CA and I think it made it to MA but not sure other then posts I've read.

I've drank several bottles and it's pretty tasty. I think it will really age well.

12. thome50

thome50 Aficionado (215) California Dec 10, 2006

It made it to Southern California a few weeks ago. Several stores got them in but only a case or so each. Selling for $12/bottle.

13. homebrewhawk

homebrewhawk Savant (400) Kansas Aug 11, 2005

We got it in KC as well. Haven't cracked my bottle yet.

14. I've heard from a beer manager who was in CO recently that it wasn't being shipped to MN... fyi. Thanks for all the help people, appreciate it!

15. MUMike

MUMike Aficionado (145) Missouri Feb 3, 2012

Where in KC and are there any left? I gotta get a few bottles of this for a tasting this summer.

16. homebrewhawk

homebrewhawk Savant (400) Kansas Aug 11, 2005

I picked one up at the Missouri Lukas about a week ago. Probably long gone by now. Your best bet may be RedX or Gomers North. They don't seem to sell things as fast as the stores down south.

It was big and boozy, could benefit from some time.