1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Underpriced buys

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by maximumu13, Nov 19, 2012.

1. powpig2002

powpig2002 Savant (325) Florida Jan 26, 2012

6er of '12 bigfoot for 10.99. last one. happy little cowboy
    winbassett likes this.
  2. All your guys' posts about a sixer of ANYTHING below 10 bucks is a buzzkill since that isn't plausible here.

My buddy works at a bar with a to-go section and once in a while he can sneak me a bottle at their cost (or close to it) which is how I landed Speedway Stout for $11, Backwoods Bastard for $2 and Lunch for $5. That's basically my highlight
  3. Absolut

Absolut Savant (420) California Sep 19, 2011

hop stoopid. stone RIS.
    YogiBeer likes this.
  4. Danny1217

Danny1217 Advocate (645) Florida Jul 15, 2011

Just got cans of Ten Fidy for $2.79 each, making it a normal price imperial stout and 100 percent worth the price
    ESeab and El_Chupahueso like this.
  5. In NH fire sales are pretty common, particularly along the state borders since we have no sales or alcohol tax and no bottle deposit law. My biggest steal recently was Innis & Gunn Rum Cask bombers for $2.99 each. And in NH $2.99 = $2.99.

I routinely find beers near the end of their season for $2.99 to $3.99/6 packs or $6.99 to $7.99/12 packs.
  6. I'm gonna be grabbing a 12 pack of Black Butte Porter for pennies over $10 tonight. Thank goodness for awesome sales.
  7. I would think that most of these beers are on the brink of expiration
  8. A good one for me is taddy porter. $3.50 for a 500ml, and one of the most delicious beers in the world (my opinion)
    BrownAleMale likes this.
  9. Magic Hat (yes... magic hat) 6 pack of their Heart of Darkness Stout for $6.99 Crazy good for the price. unexpected to me, since i dont like any other magic hat products.
  10. A local gas station had multiple New Glarus single bottles for $ 0.50. I asked what the deal was and the guy said that the shipment came in and some worker broke a bunch of single bottles in the 6 packs so they split the surviving bottles and sold them in singles.
  11. I agree. Although I do love Celebration Ale, NH is my favorite. Great price though for a 12-pack of Celebration Ale.
    Its $16.89 where I live.
  12. unclelou

unclelou Initiate (0) Massachusetts May 30, 2010

I got a six of sculpin in PA for 12.50. I would buy that every day of the week.
    Pando likes this.
  13. beercanman

beercanman Savant (485) Ohio Dec 17, 2012

Went to a local dive bar with a friend, all they had was BMC for bottles. Taps were the same except one, they had SNPA. I asked for a draft and she came back with a 32 oz glass and I was charged 2.00 for it. I woke up on the couch.
  14. Momar42

Momar42 Savant (360) Maryland Sep 19, 2010

4.95 euro for a 750ml Cantillon 100% Lambic bio Gueuze at the brewery in Brussels. :) Or any bottle there for that matter, prices are sinfully cheap at the source.
  15. cyrushire

cyrushire Advocate (620) Florida May 25, 2012

total wine had 4 packs of DFH chicory stouts for $3.99 last year.
  16. mathieu87

mathieu87 Aficionado (195) Belgium Jun 22, 2011

2,12 euro's / bottle of Cantillon Kriek 2007.

They were lying around in a dusty corner of a small liquor store just outside Ghent... The bottles weren't even in their computer anymore... They only had 3 left though :s
  17. $3 for a can of Heady Topper (16.9 oz) thats only 5 oz short of a bomber. Now that's a bargin except for the gas money to drive 200 miles!
  18. Everything at Bottle Barn in Santa Rosa, god bless 'em.
  19. morgenw

morgenw Aficionado (125) California Dec 24, 2008

Bought a case of Lagunitas Sucks for 10 dollars today from Bevmo. Didn't realize the mistake until I got home. Wife was distracting me while I was paying for the beer and liquor. Looks like the clerk ran the case as one six pack.
  20. Total Wine has some pretty great clearance deals from time to time.
    ficklenicholas likes this.
  21. 22-oz'ers of Lagunitas Hop Stoopid and Foothills BBA People's Porters are steals, IMO.
    Wolfpack2005 likes this.
  22. mrcraft

mrcraft Advocate (605) California Dec 15, 2012

I bought two bottles of Founders, one was Red's Eye, I forget the other for $1.99 a bottle.
  23. Do you fill up your mason jar for the ride home in your jeep?
    :confused:
  24. That's ridiculous. I think I paid $15 and that was at cost.
  25. I saw that here too. They also had Brooklyn Chocolate Stout for like $6 I think and Williamsburg Coffee for $2.99 a sixer.
  26. I may be wrong but isn't Older Viscosity the BA version and also comes in 375ml? Either was that's a steal you got.
    Grant35 likes this.
  27. whiskey

whiskey Savant (350) California Feb 25, 2012

I never see any smoking deals around these parts.

Although TW had Abyss on for $14.99 growler fills...not often a growler fill works out to be a third of the price of bottles.
  28. $5 for a four pack of 16 oz. Bitburgers. I love that beer so I was all over it!
  29. Lagunitas Sucks- $9.99
  30. That's still $0.99 too much. That is the only beer I have ever drained pour in my entire life. Odd too, as I love all of their other brews that I have tried.
  31. yamar68

yamar68 Initiate (0) Minnesota Apr 1, 2011

Really? I really dig that beer, which is weird I guess because I think I've drain poured every other sake inspired beer I've had and I too rarely drain pour.
  32. What other sake beers are out there? I'd like to give another a shot.
  33. RelentlessLefty

RelentlessLefty Savant (275) Iowa Nov 1, 2012

Bought a case of Bigfoot for $18.99+tax yesterday. Pretty happy with that pickup
    badb_rad likes this.
  34. yamar68

yamar68 Initiate (0) Minnesota Apr 1, 2011

There's a handful that are brewed with sake yeast. Nogne O's Red Horizon comes to mind... that one left me literally scraping my tongue haha...
  35. Old Viscosity is non-barrel aged while Older Viscosity is barrel aged. There is also at least a $10 price difference between the two.
  36. Smuttynose IPA 12 Pack $9.99 at MarketBasket in Salem, NH.
    Best deal evah.
  37. I just got a 4 pack of Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout.. for the awesome price of $6.49. I didn't know my discount at the store i work in was that low... looks like I'll be stocking up!
  38. vickersspitfire

vickersspitfire Savant (410) Texas Dec 11, 2006

La Fin Du Monde, Don De Dieu, Trois Pistol, Spaten Optimator, Spaten Mucnhner Hell, Ayinger Brau Weisse, Youngs Double Chocolate Stout, all for a $1.00 each at an HEB (grocery store) on the South Side of San Antonio. They had a cart full of these and I bought the whole cart, about $75. Unfortunately this has not happened again.
  39. If you read the Old Viscocity label, it clearly states that its been aged in oak barrels. Older Viscocity has been aged as the name implies, longer. (i checked it again tonight at work just to make sure I had read the label right.)
  40. arfenhouse

arfenhouse Savant (285) California Oct 29, 2012

Stone's Mint Chocolate Imperial Stout for 2.99, tasty and cheap.