1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Unintended flavors, but tasty anyway!

Discussion in 'Cellaring / Aging Beer' started by Jips, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Jips

Jips Savant (355) Kansas Nov 29, 2007

Just drank a 2010 Dale Shameless McDale that tasted like a sour'd red ale. Never had it before, but from reading the label i'm sure a funky red ale wasn't the brewer's intention. However, that funk made it taste great! I enjoyed this beer way more than if it would have been a regular ole red ale.

Ive heard of other happy accidents like infected matilda, any others you have enjoyed?
  2. I had a bretted Sam Smith Raspberry Ale the other day and it was phenominal! Happy beer accidents are great!
  3. I personally loved the infected Barrel Aged Old Bat Rastard I had a couple weeks ago.
  4. Last year's off batch of CW Peruvian Morning was not bad in my opinion.
    Nicolay3535 likes this.
  5. Infected Guava Grove was awesome.
    jedwards likes this.
  6. RDMII

RDMII Savant (315) Georgia Apr 11, 2010

Last year's Red Brick Vanilla Gorilla turned into a massive sour porter, it was awesome. I finally drank my last few recently and still miss it.
  7. jedwards

jedwards Savant (330) California Feb 3, 2009

The infected Matilda and Guava Grove were both awesome. I'm a huge fan of the infected batch of Boulevard Imperial Stout (batch 2?) and the infected Berkshire Bourbon-Barrel Imperial Stout as well.