1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Upcoming Fremont releases

Discussion in 'US - Northwest' started by distantmantra, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Fremont sent out an email newsletter today. I can't remember the last time they did that.

Anyway, here's their release schedule for the next few months:
    • 77 Spring Select Session IPA- Feb. 1
    • Tart Cerise - soon…very soon.
    • Brouwer's/Bottleworks/Burgundian House IPA - Feb.1
    • Pine Box 1st Anniversary Beer - March
    • Big Deal Mystery Beer #1- can't say yet, but it's big. Big, big.
    I wonder if the B/B/B House IPA will be a rebranded Publican IPA. That was awesome last year.
    jpbebeau likes this.
  2. jpbebeau

jpbebeau Savant (330) Washington Sep 11, 2011

How am I not on this newsletter list?!
  3. Sign up at their website, I randomly signed up a couple years ago and am now seeing the fruits of my labor.
  4. dirtylou

dirtylou Champion (760) Washington May 12, 2005

Good stuff - thanks for sharing
  5. NWer

NWer Advocate (635) Washington Mar 10, 2009

Beat me too it. You didn't include one of the more exciting events in the newsletter (something to do with 100 whiskey barrels):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Beer Garden & Production News
    [​IMG]
    Recent Releases
    • Bourbon Barrel Abominable Winter Ale - Dec. 1
    • The Sister Imperial IPA (special release) - Dec. 1
    Upcoming Releases
    • 77 Spring Select Session IPA- Feb. 1
    • Tart Cerise - soon…very soon.
    • Brouwer's/Bottleworks/Burgundian House IPA - Feb.1
    • Pine Box 1st Anniversary Beer - March
    • Big Deal Mystery Beer #1- can't say yet, but it's big. Big, big.
    Production Updates
    • 6 new 60 BBL tanks are on the way from Vancouver, WA based Marks Manufacturing and Design.
    • 2 custom silos are being made in Spokane, WA for the brewery.
    • 100 10-15 year-old whiskey barrels have already been filled with next year's bourbon Abominable.
    • Our custom whirlpool is being made by Marks (see above) which allows us to squeeze another double batch out of each 24-hour day.
  6. I really hope they label Big Deal Mystery Beer #1 as "Big Deal Mystery Beer #1" much like the "Cowiche Organic Hop Lab" series. Or it's just KDS 2013. Who knows.
    MarkIntihar, beertunes and NWer like this.
  7. I'm excited for Tart Cerise!
  8. NWer

Hope it turns out better than The Lamb. Chalk it up to a learning experience.
    WhiteJordan, OakedCanuck and slinkie like this.
  9. beertunes

beertunes Poobah (1,035) Washington Sep 24, 2007

I'd love to see BDMB #x series. Nearly perfect beer name. Cans please?
  10. Unless you know how to wax dip cans, I'm guessing they'll be bottled. :cool:
    Smurf2055 likes this.
  11. NWer

No more emoting about making it to PDX for the latest dock sale at HotD or not. We've got our own releases to get excited about - as if we haven't known that for quite a while now.
    distantmantra likes this.
  12. Agreed! The Lamb was not my favorite. I'm hopeful for this one though.
    NWer likes this.
  13. I think they let people sample Tart Cerise last year during the SBW barrel event...
  14. dirtylou

I don't recall - none of the experimental wilds were very good, but they were obviously quite young
  15. beertunes

beertunes Poobah (1,035) Washington Sep 24, 2007

Waxing cans is easy, you just set a candle on top and let the wax drip down. Like a Chianti bottle in an Italian restaurant. o_O
    Smurf2055 likes this.
  16. Jaap

Jaap Aficionado (120) Washington Sep 21, 2012

Thanks for the heads up, I'll have to sign up for that newsletter.

Pretty excited to try the dry hopped Sister and Abominable w/coffee tomorrow.
  17. podunkparte

podunkparte Initiate (0) Washington Nov 14, 2009

Nothing to see here! Washington state only makes average beer and for no reason should you continue to pay attention to any of our releases! ; )
  18. draheim

draheim Poobah (1,015) Washington Sep 18, 2010

I'm just glad nobody outside Washington has access to this forum.
    bgramer, bifrost17, woemad and 3 others like this.
  19. NWer

You're on to something. I wonder if the Bros would go along with keying on a persons IP address to decide if a person is worthy of accessing a Northwest forum. Ya think?
    SGToliver, Lordkrystic and beertunes like this.
  20. MarkIntihar

MarkIntihar Initiate (0) Michigan Mar 17, 2010

Can I still haz?
    Shagtastic and Lordkrystic like this.
  21. lurchingbeast

lurchingbeast Initiate (0) Illinois Feb 19, 2009

When is their annual haiku contest?
  22. skourtis

skourtis Aficionado (135) Oregon Sep 1, 2006

Knowing this information, I am getting about 15 Portland BAs to caravan up to Seattle and to camp out at 3:00AM and be the first in line to buy up as much Big Deal Mystery Beer #1s in 'revenge' for our HOTD releases now :)
    oregone and Lordkrystic like this.
  23. Mages64

Mages64 Savant (370) Washington Sep 7, 2009

Fair warning: beer may be carbonated. Event may be well organized.

Not sure how used to that type of event you guys from PDX are used to attending:)
  24. Dan, that's no way to create hype. Screwing up the event and pissing off a bunch of people and making a limited release seem even more limited is a sure-fire way to create hype.
    hopburster and beertunes like this.
  25. goodbyeohio

goodbyeohio Advocate (670) Oregon Jul 13, 2004

Making fun of Portland releases, eh?

LAMBLAMBLAMB

:p
  26. waltersrj

waltersrj Initiate (0) Washington Dec 16, 2010

Stay away from our beer!
  27. Mages64

Mages64 Savant (370) Washington Sep 7, 2009

Correct! We agree:) if Fremont continues to be all organized and shit, they'll never reach Portsmouth, three Floyd's, alesmith, or hotd fame:)
  28. draheim

Don't forget Pelican's Mother of All Server Crashes.
  29. New month, new newsletter from Fremont.

[​IMG]

Seattle Beer Week Official 5th Anniversary Beer
    April 1
    4.5%, Organic Pale Ale using Cowiche Canyon Organic Simcoe & Citra Hops…and in a Can! Can, Bottle and Draught.
    We are very honored to be chosen to brew this year's Seattle Beer Week beer and to honor the occasion, we chose to focus on the organic Cowiche hops and the can. Stay tuned, this one is about to get really fun...
    Proletariat Porter
    February 4
    After a 2-year hiatus, it's back. Dark and drinkable, malty and chocolatey. Draught only at the Urban Beer Garden.
    Pine Box
    March 21
    Our good friends at the Pine Box created something magical up on the Hill almost a year ago...and asked us to brew something magical to commerorate the occasion. Done and Done. While we won't reveal the details just yet, think: Big, Bold, Dark, Dank...
    Brouwer's, Bottleworks, Burgundian House IPA, named "Trifecta IPA"
    late February
    At 5.5%, this is a classic NW IPA daily-drinker. Year-round availability at the "3 B's". Features Centennial, Super Galena, Calypso and Simcoe hops. Draught only for the time being.
    Trifecta IPA will be the house IPA for the three locations and available year-round. We are honored to have been chosen and expect to never pay for a beer again at any of the three locations...:)
    Brouwer's 7th Anniversary Barleywine
    Marchish....
    We brewed this 13% monster 16 months ago, aged half in bourbon barrels, blended it back with the un-barrel aged beer and then bottled and wax dipped it…waiting for when it was ready to release. The time is now. Marris Otter and Carafa malts combine with Magnum and Goldings hops to lure you into one more sip…22oz Bottle only.
    waltersrj, jpbebeau, yojimbo1 and 6 others like this.
  30. podunkparte

podunkparte Initiate (0) Washington Nov 14, 2009

Nice! Looking forward to that SBW IPA and especially that Barleywine.
  31. draheim

I started a whole separate thread about the upcoming organic pale for SBW... won't make that mistake again.
    Please post thoughts about Trifecta here after you've had a glass. I'll also check for a new beer profile and reviews.
    Cheers!
  32. Fremont is doing tours on Saturday as part of Washington Brewer's Open House Weekend. They're doing samples of some new "rare" beer referred to as 525.

Gonna stop by Burgundian tomorrow to try Trifecta. I wonder if they'll ever bring Publican IPA back, that was really good.

Also, totally not Fremont-related, but still important for those of us in glorious North Seattle: Notorious IPA3 is on at Latona Pub, fyi. Went on a five mile run and stopped in for a glass on the way home.
    jpbebeau, KiMiRaiK and yojimbo1 like this.
  33. yojimbo1

yojimbo1 Initiate (0) Kansas Feb 26, 2012

You can do a five mile run? You obviously are not getting enough beer in your diet. :)
    KiMiRaiK likes this.
  34. KiMiRaiK

KiMiRaiK Initiate (0) Washington Dec 24, 2012

Whatever happened to the Haiku brew???
  35. I run half marathons, so yeah, probably not enough beer.
  36. dirtylou

From the main page of their website...

"
    On Tap will be a rare & magical, barrel-aged brew, not that one, but one that has NEVER BEEN RELEASED.

Dare we call this beer "Rare"?

For now, let's call it 575. "
  37. draheim

I saw distantmantra's "525" post above and idiotically didn't make any kind of connection.
    575 makes a lot more sense though. This is awesome. I need to be there for this.
  38. I used to be an avid ultra runner, then I had kids AND discovered craft beer... *sigh*
  39. draheim

I ran a full marathon when I was 17. Does that count? I also did the Fremont Oktoberfest 3k run a couple years ago and nearly died. Barely made my 30-minute goal, which wasn't too shabby considering I hadn't run in literally years.
    distantmantra and Rutager like this.
  40. ehammond1

ehammond1 Initiate (0) Jul 4, 2008

omgomgomgomgomgomg!!!!!!!!!!!
    libbey likes this.