1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Update: Online Now

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Todd, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Todd

Todd Founder (1,440) Colorado Aug 23, 1996 Staff Member

As of a few moments ago, when viewing "Members Online Now" on the main forum page, you'll notice a much higher number of online now/guests online. Guests (non-logged in users) who were visiting the non-forum sections of the site were previously not counted. Now they are.

http://beeradvocate.com/community/

It's a small change, but it helps tie the site together a bit more, gives you the sense of how many people are currently viewing BeerAdvocate and how big the community is. We also plan on extending this to create a robust activity feed to include guest and member actions across the entire site.

In the meantime, guest or member, thanks for using BeerAdvocate!

joshbhs04 and Mike like this.
  2. dc55110

dc55110 Advocate (525) Minnesota Oct 24, 2010

Maybe I'm missing something, but it appears that you can no longer search for member/user profiles?

3. Knifestyles

Knifestyles Savant (455) New York Jun 7, 2005

User search works for me....just put the user name in the search field and the results show up on the bottom right under "Matched Users".

4. Wow! I can't believe the lop-sidedness of guest to members online now. It's like 3:1 guest to member. Why wouldn't you create a account? It's free!

BeerKangaroo likes this.
  5. Todd

Todd Founder (1,440) Colorado Aug 23, 1996 Staff Member

Even more "wow" ... 2.5 million unique visitors per month use BeerAdvocate; ~20 million unique visitors within the last year. We don't push people to create an account, but we're exploring ways to encourage them to join.

dwagner003 and kawilliams81 like this.
  6. dc55110

dc55110 Advocate (525) Minnesota Oct 24, 2010

There used to be a specific search for Members that would auto fill as you typed. I see the results that you are referring to though, which should work.

7. cosmicevan

cosmicevan Champion (825) New York Dec 13, 2009

i do member search from here - http://beeradvocate.com/community/members/

there is a box on the right side for Find Member

8. Michigan

Michigan Initiate (0) Michigan Oct 24, 2012

cosmicevan likes this.
  9. kbuzz

kbuzz Advocate (590) Pennsylvania Jan 22, 2011

Sometimes I come to the site w/o logging in to do a bit of quick research...so some "guests" might also be members who just aren't logged in at that moment.

10. Drucifer

Drucifer Savant (495) Illinois Apr 16, 2012

Never underestimate laziness