1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Updates: Misc Fixes, Updates & Additions

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Todd, Aug 28, 2012.

1. Todd

Todd Founder (1,410) Colorado Aug 23, 1996 Staff Member

Quick update regarding some of the interim updates that I previously mentioned.
    • Fixed: Calendar sorting; by state/region, country and event type.
    • Fixed: "Top Reviewers" sort option for all reviews; this sorts by number of beer or place reviews accordingly.
    • Fixed: Avatars are now being displayed on review pages again; bigger, and aligned right for a cleaner look.
    • Fixed: Display bug that impacted viewing and reviewing beers from places that no longer brew, but are still in operation. It now displays them and properly disables reviewing.
    • Fixed: Follow button code that caused certain pages to hang.
    • Added: Avatars to user beer and place lists.
    • Added: "More by <user>" links on all reviews; linking off to beer or place reviews accordingly for that user.
    • Fixed/Updated: All non-forum user content counts; number of beer and place reviews, beer, place, event and pics added. This is currently not being displayed, but will be down the road.
    • User activity on non-forum portions of the site is now being tracked and applied to last activity within forum profiles.
    • Scrubbed the data; removed all disassociated content (not attached to an existing user account); updated all beer and place scores.
    • And in case you missed it: Wants & Gots pages are back as of this past weekend.
    I plan on tackling more after Belgian Beer Fest. In the meantime, thanks for your continued patience and support as we bring BeerAdvocate to the next level and beyond.

Cheers!
  2. mudbug

mudbug Savant (490) Oregon Mar 27, 2009

well done
  3. mnrider

mnrider Savant (365) Connecticut May 26, 2009

4. Duff27

Duff27 Advocate (590) Illinois Feb 10, 2010

Thanks Todd and crew!
  5. Heidelberg7

Heidelberg7 Savant (310) Illinois Sep 13, 2008

Great job you guys have been working hard
    Another question when are you going get more t shirts in ?
  6. draheim

draheim Poobah (1,015) Washington Sep 18, 2010

Progress as promised
  7. Can't seem to find it anywhere, but will there be a time when we can view our old posts again?
  8. Todd

Todd Founder (1,410) Colorado Aug 23, 1996 Staff Member

Archiving the old forums is a very low priority for us at the moment. We don't have an ETA on it at this time.
  9. I'm glad to hear they're not gone forever, I can wait.