1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Upland Lambic's Value?

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Talk & Help' started by rlasker3, Mar 15, 2013.

1. I've recently read about the fruit Lambic by Uplands and last time I went to Lion's Pride, Lively had the full lineup of empty bottles up on the shelf next to various Cantillions and 3 Fonteins. I'm really wanting to swing a trade for some but I'm not really sure what the trade value for them are. Pretty much willing to use anything in my Gots.
  2. aasher

aasher Champion (900) Indiana Jan 27, 2010

Wait until the next release and the answer is $20 of locals. They haven't hit retail in like a year and maybe nine months.
    claaark13 likes this.
  3. I got a Raspberry in an LIF and it seems people who had them where generous with them. Now they are apparently getting known so I have no idea but would expect $4$ limited beers.
  4. HopsMatt

HopsMatt Savant (460) Kentucky Dec 1, 2011

Id say its going to depend on the fruit used. They have released different ones at different times so some are a lot older than others. They just released a bunch that they found at the brewery. There was Blackberry and Raspberry. Both are dated 3/12. Those *may be more likely to be traded for right now. I know for sure that they are currently working on the kiwi.
  5. The last batch of Upland fruit lambics were really hard to get. I tried to get bottles and was shut out on 3 different variations of Upland bottles. They are getting well know now...
  6. jmarsh123

jmarsh123 Advocate (535) Indiana Mar 31, 2010

As Al said, wait until the next release. With their new production brewery up and running, I'm hoping the sour program will be where it was a few years ago, where it was easier for locals to get multiples for trade. You may be able to get Blackberry or Raspberry now, but anything else will be costly.
  7. ridglens

ridglens Initiate (0) Indiana Jan 10, 2010

agree with the above. I am anticipating another large, multi-flavor release this year (only speculation), though it may be later ish. when they release a bunch like that, usually us locals can find them if we search for them, or you can go reserve them online (though this will sell out very quickly). since they haven't been released in about a year at this point, they might be tougher (though you could probably land a blackberry/raspberry if you wanted).