1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Upland lambics

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Talk & Help' started by TheBeerDrinker, Apr 26, 2014.

1. I used to trade for Upland Lambics 1:1 for Darkness and would get 4 of the Upland Lambics at a time. This was a few years ago. Now that sours seem to be more popular would a trade like this be reasonable?

2. I still think you could find someone to go 1:1 with Darkness fairly easily.

3. Mark000

Mark000 Savant (345) Kentucky Jan 10, 2011

Darkness is seeing some distro and Upland sours are just over $25 each via lottery only. Just my opinion, but I wouldn't do 1:1 for Darkness unless it was a regular trading partner. I don't think it would pull Persimmon, Kiwi or Sour Reserve unless it was at least 2:1.

4. Thanks for your input. Not really looking for sour reserve and I've had the other two you mentioned so we will see how it goes I put up an ISO offering Darkness, Central Waters 16, and for anybody with larger trades offering Lift Bridge BA Silhouette (under 800 bottle release) and Indeed Rum King (300 bottle release) which are arguably two of Minnesota's best beers and the highest rated by each of the breweries. The first two offerings are pretty damn close to the highest offerings from those breweries.

Are all their lambic releases lottery only now? I know they used to distribute and the bottles I got before had tags that were around $18.

If I don't get any responses I guess I have other bigger wants so not really willing to offer much more as I have already tried them. They are tasty though.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2014
  5. Mark000

Mark000 Savant (345) Kentucky Jan 10, 2011

Yes, they are all lottery now. There are some that go on sale at the brewery and/or Indy tasting room after the pickup window closes. But it's only when available.

6. blue-dream

blue-dream Moderator (760) Illinois Aug 22, 2013 Staff Member