1. American Craft Beer Fest is this weekend in Boston, Mass. Join us for 640+ beers from 140+ brewers! Tickets for Friday, May 29 are still available. Cheers!

Upright Sole Comp info needed....Help Please!

Discussion in 'US - Northwest' started by alampear, Mar 2, 2012.

1. 1) Are there any sole comps not listed below?
    2) Were any of these not bottled?

1st Anniversary
    Barrel Aged Four (Pinot Noir Barrel)
    Barrel-Aged Four
    Barrel-Aged Seven With Brett
    Barrel-Aged Six (Big Bottom Port Finished Whiskey Barrels)
    Barrel-Aged Stout Of Monte Fisto
    Barrel-Aged Wit
    Blend Love
    De La Seven
    Jaune Quatre
    Lambicus Six
    Noel
    Provision
    Rose City Seven
    Special Herbs
    Tokay D'Portland
    Whippersnapper Six

Thank you for any info.
    Cheers.

2. Some thoughts: All Sole Comps are bottled. 1st Anniversary had ~25 bottles sold- 1 bottle limit- only 2 people I know if got 2. There are two releases of BA 7 with Brett and Rose City Seven so far. And if you are after true completeness you might want the Upright/Breakside/Hop & Vine Collaboration beer- Don't Ask, Don't Tell- made for Hop and Vine's Fire and Brimstone event. It is an excellent and big smoked porter bottled at Upright and sold only at Hop & Vine for the same price as other Sole Comps.

3. hopsbreath

hopsbreath Savant (475) Oregon Aug 28, 2009

All of those were definitely bottled. Don't know of any others not on your list, but I do know that there have been at least two bottlings for barrel aged Seven and Rose City Seven. I 'think' Blend Love has seen multiple bottling's as well but might be mistaken. Trying to put together a tasting? Good luck. That would be a fun one to do.

Edit: On second thought, I believe the Blend Love is set to be released again as its own thing (not a Sole Comp). The second bottling has yet to be released.

4. Thanks for the info. I guess we're just looking for these to complete the set then. Any leads would much appreciated.

1st Anniversary
    Barrel-Aged Four
    Provision
    Whippersnapper Six

5. Shmeal

Shmeal Advocate (540) Oregon Nov 9, 2009

I have a bottle that just says "6", it's matured in big bottom port finished whiskey barrels. I don't think that one is listed yet. Stout of Monte Fisto is also not listed.

6. Yes, they are both on the list, see first post. Both begin with "Barrel-Aged"

7. Shmeal

Shmeal Advocate (540) Oregon Nov 9, 2009

Right...I shouldn't have skimmed it.

8. oregonskibum

oregonskibum Advocate (500) Oregon Mar 14, 2009

Yup, Blend Love has been released only once in a Sole Comp bottle. But Alex isn't going to brew Four Play again for the anniversary party. Instead, Four Play variants are going to become Sole Comp releases and the 3rd annivesary party will be the release of Blend Love. We should be just a couple weeks away. Anyone up for another bottle share in the basement ahead of opening???

9. tcampbel1

tcampbel1 Aficionado (225) Oregon May 17, 2010

Still waiting to find out the anny day (hope it's a Sunday again). It was a blast last year (and I'll be sure to try to bring a bottle or two to share).

10. boMD

boMD Savant (325) Oregon Feb 8, 2009

tick

11. DiabolikDUB

DiabolikDUB Aficionado (230) Oregon Jul 11, 2008

The Upright/Breakside/Hop & Vine Collaboration was brewed at Breakside and later bottled from keg at Upright. I'm not quite sure if you can consider that a Sole Comp. at that point.

12. BreaksideBen

BreaksideBen Aspirant (45) Oregon Jan 21, 2011

Hey folks-
    For what it's worth, the Smoked Porter collaboration was actually brewed and bottled at Breakside. The only bottles went to the Hop and Vine, and I believe there are still a few floating around the shop there (along with the poster from the event).

Cheers,
    Ben

13. Saison du Bloget sole composition is missing from the list. Batch of 150 bottles sold at the 3rd anniversary

14. Thorpe429

Thorpe429 Champion (895) Illinois Aug 18, 2008

Also Apricot Seven this Friday.

15. hopsbreath

Fantasia Five has also been released since the last time I responded to this thread. Five pumped into the freshly emptied Fantasia barrels.

16. sarro

sarro Savant (355) Michigan May 12, 2009

Anyone wanna 2 day ship Apricot Seven to Ann Arbor for us to complete the 20 bottle SOle COmp tasting?

BM me please!!!

17. hopsbreath

Good luck with that one. It was just released Friday and was sold out when I swung by there on Sunday. First time I know of that a 100+ bottle count Sole Comp sold out that fast.

18. Didn't the Saison Du Bloget sell out the sameday ? That was >100 bottles.

19. Not sure about Saison du Bloget, but Apricot 7 sold out around 2:30 Saturday afternoon.

20. tcampbel1

Nope picked up Bloget day after when I tried to get Blend Love.

21. hopsbreath

"optophobia, post: 152408, member: 100531"]Didn't the Saison Du Bloget sell out the sameday ? That was >100 bottles.[/quote]
    Nah. Just going off their FaceBook page alone you see a post two days after the Blend Love release (the day SDB went on sale) advertising Saison de Bloget for sale. Apricot Seven not surviving until Sunday was a first for me. That's always the day I usually swing by for those releases. Looks like I might need to start showing up earlier.

22. tcampbel1

I didn't score a bottle either. My Sole Comp collection is now one short. I'm going to have to post an ISO as well.

23. Looking for a Noel here
    BM me please

24. cosmicevan

cosmicevan Champion (835) New York Dec 13, 2009

i've got a bottle of Whippersnapper 7. got it in trade with 4 others that are already listed. looking forward to ticking these soon.

25. tcampbel1

Whippersnapper 7? Sure it's not Whippersnapper 6?

26. cosmicevan

100% positive (i will post a pic later tonight when i'm home). bottle count was CRAZY low...like 40 or so.

27. cosmicevan

double checked what i have and it is:

Seven - aged 14 months in oak with brett (11 of 120)
    Noel - pinot noir barrel aged winter ale 2010 (4 of 191)
    Six - aged in whipper snapper barrel (40 of 46)
    Special Herbs - gruit aged in old tom gin barrels (153 of 166)
    Tokay d' Portland - barrel aged strong ale (16 of 87)

sorry for any confusion

28. tcampbel1

100% positive there was no confusion.

29. cavemanlawyer

cavemanlawyer Savant (300) Oregon Dec 7, 2010

Drink that special herbs, man! Its a gruet and is already past its prime! The taste of the fresh bottle was sublime.

30. Thorpe429

I can attest that it's still doing pretty damn well. We had a bottle last night and it was absolutely delicious. Not sure what it was like originally though.

cavemanlawyer likes this.
  31. hopsbreath

Special Herbs is my highest rated Upright beer to date. Reviewed on-tap the night they released bottles. It was a winner out of the gate and I can only hope they brew/bottle it again at some point. If they do, your account of how it is now might make me age a few bottles next time.

32. Thorpe429

I sure hope they make it again as well. I would love to try it fresh. I love how he keeps pumping out new Sole Comp beers every few weeks!

33. cosmicevan

all 5 are chilling in the fridge for possible consumption later with some local BAs.

34. Weird, since on Friday some people tried to buy some SDB and they were told there was none left...
    Maybe they held some back for the next day(s)

35. cosmicevan

Had the special herbs last night with some BAs and hot dog it was amazing. I couldn't imagine it ever tasting better than it was last night.

36. Thanks for everyone's help...[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]b[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

37. cosmicevan

Please can I come over for that tasting? I will bring a glass and a bottle opener.

38. Sure, but your 6 hours too late.

39. Thorpe429

Favorites? I think De La Seven and Rose City Seven have been my favorites so far, though I haven't had all the ones from that lineup. Those pics are a beautiful sight!

40. sarro

sarro Savant (355) Michigan May 12, 2009

I have a 500ml cuvee de sole comp I can't wait to drink

chpueblo22 likes this.